or Connect

Posts by Dib

No polos are not a "current trend", anymore than t shirts are a current trend. They are simple, staple, casual items of a wardrobe that are useful to have for specific occasions.You can pick up basic plain polos within your price range from gap, uniqlo, jcrew etc.
OP - sorry, forgot to give you my thoughts on the above question too.If you upgrade one part of an outfit, I don't think it necessarily follows that you need to upgrade the rest to ensure the cost ratios are the same. For example, let's assume you spend GBP800 on a nice suit and GBP350 on a pair of C&J shoes. If you were to buy a bespoke suit a few years later for GBP3000, whilst you could also buy more expensive shoes of better quality (EG, G&G etc) i think it would be...
Okay, although the posts of yours that I have seen would tend to suggest otherwise. In any case, my point was that the OP is seeking guidance on how to apportion costs between various items - listing out the inflated prices you have paid for a series of gaudy designer products does not really help him.OP - I would agree with what Blackhood has said above (particularly re the Halo effect - i.e. if you have a limited budget, i would allocate more to a decent suit and shoes...
Hermes Man - your purchases seem to be geared towards "designer" labels where more often than not you are paying for branding rather than any incremental increase in quality. As such, I don't think the above serves as any sort of useful guide as to the minimum people need to spend in order to be able to get good quality products.OP - I don't think rules which state "if you spend x on your suit you should be spending y on your shoes" are very useful. As one of the above...
I have the exact same problem with many RTW shoes. After playing around with numerous solutions (ordering shoes in wider widths, having the manufacturer stretch the shoe etc) I have finally found the most effective solution for me is to buy a shoe stretcher and stretch the relevant area myself. If you google "shoe stretcher" it should throw up a few relevant results. The most useful ones are those that come with small plastic nodules that you can push in to specific parts...
Ok, in which case I'll infer from that that your letter to LV did not expressly ask for a quote for repair.So to recap (now that we all have a clearer picture of the facts):1) You start a thread complaining about the state of your wallet after 3 weeks of use and LV's response to the issue, but fail to mention that you have actually had the wallet for a number of years.2) You accuse LV of being liars for saying they acknowledge your letter (when in fact you have simply...
Sorry OP, one more question: did your letter accompanying the wallet specifically request a quote for repairing the wallet?
OP, just to clarify a couple of points on your above comments:1) Nowhere in the extract of LV's response you have posted do they accuse you of being a scammer (or even allude to this fact). You note that they even conclude by saying they hope to have the pleasure of your custom again soon (which does not strike me as something they would say to someone they think is scamming them).2) I think you are completely misunderstanding the opening line in LV's letter re their...
Wow, that's poor form.I've got to say, the results I have seen coming from lee baron lately have been very mixed.
You should do - it looks awesome!