or Connect

Posts by Dib

ok, and when you spoke to them on the phone and they said they need to confirm you presumably replied "who do you need to confirm with" etc? Sorry to labour the point, but i just find it very strange that they would not give you a helpful answer if you were asking the right questions... In any case, if they aren't giving you a price the likely reason is because they are trying to confirm availibility of the fabric and/or the latest price with the supplier. Can't think of...
ok, why dont you just give them a call - it will take 30 seconds tops and give you a more definitive answer than anyone on here will be able to?
What do you mean by you have "placed an order"? Typically Chan take 50% at the outset when placing the order, so i can't see that they would have accepted an order (and taken the deposit) without confirming price. More importantly, what is their response when you ask for the price?
The fact the tie is untipped has no impact on the knot - the two are entirely unrelated
Out of curiosity, why are you looking at wool/cashmere blends? You mention durability is a priority - 100% wool suits are, in general, going to be much more durable than a wool/cashmere blend, so i would avoid looking at fabrics with cashmere in them.Edit - sorry, just seen you are leaning towards the Harrisons frontier fabric, which i think is 100% wool, in which case my above comments doesn't apply!
They look great - I'd also be interested to know what you think of the fit after you've been able to wear them in. How frequently are you likely to wear them btw?Also (and I don't know if I've missed this being discussed earlier in the thread), why did you opt for the nails at the toe rather than a sunken metal toe plate? In my experience, nails didn't give much protection (but I appreciate some people don't like the aesthetics of metal toe plates).
Sure, but all of my posts have been about EoM, not the others you mention. EoM is still an ongoing, active business and is therefore unlikely to want to default on its legal obligations (and as already mentioned, they have been happy to refund several other customers who have found themselves in this situation).
I don't see on what basis they could possibly refuse a refund. I hate to make threads overly legalistic, but if you have paid for goods and they haven't delivered them they are legally obliged to refund you (at the very least). This isn't a grey area, the position and their obligations are clear and I would be incredulous if they refused a refund in these circumstances (and several earlier posts indicate they have given others refunds).Trust me, I understand the position...
I think everyone believes and understands EG are not supplying EoM anymore (other than the small amount of orders they have left which they are fulfilling as referred to a few posts above).For me the issue is to what extent EoM knew this when they were taking on new orders (and to what extent they knew delivery times would be far beyond what customers expected when placing those orders).Either way, if i had placed an order with EoM i would expect them to fulfil it (even if...
To be honest, it's a little difficult to know what is actually going on, but my sense (from all the information posted on this so far) is that the blame probably largely lies with EoM rather than EG (i.e. it seems EoM have taken orders without being transparent regarding delivery times).If you are not in a huge rush for the shoes i would continue to wait and insist EoM provide them to you - they have taken your money and are bound to fulful the order. If they cannot get...