or Connect

Posts by pinchi22

May be interested in a derby in cigar, oxblood or dark brown. Preferably in single leather sole in Hiro or Olfe last.
I think Suitsupply´s Lazio and Napoli models fit the bill. They´re more tailored than your grandpa´s suit, but within the classic paradigm. They´re Grown Men´s Wear (tm) - the jacket still covers the but. If I were your husband, I´d avoid SS´s more trendy models such as the Havana, where that´s not the case.
Which SS suit did you try on? Some have fuller pants - and overall cuts - than others. I think it depends on your work environment, personal taste and what shape you´re in. I´m also 55 (there, I said it!) and I wear both a Napoli and a Lazio OTR. I can get away with even the trimmer Lazio because I´m in pretty good shape, like a somewhat trim fit (but nothing extreme, and no notched lapels, please) and I spend half the year in Europe, where even middle-age guys tend to...
I´ve worn various models of the casual Ecco shoes for the last 8 years and have had no problem with sole durability. They remain my go-to casual shoe: best mix of styling and minimally good foot support. The latter is very important for folks like me who want a lightweight, reasonably decent looking plimsol-like weekend beater shoe, but who have real foot problems (e.g., metatarsalgia) and need minimum real support that most beater shoes lack. That said, I´d say that ...
Still interested, particularly in a caramel/blue combo similar to this: http://instagram.com/p/cv3CkPQd-v/ I would also cast my vote for a triangular, rather than flat, bottom.
Nice denim. 3sixteens?
I´ve also noticed more heel slipage on my dub monks than on my laced up shoes. I think its generic to dub monks, and not specific to Meermin, though my flat feet may contribute to the slipage.Here´s how I solved the problem:1) I asked Meermin to punch another hole on the rear strap. (I bought the dub monks at the Madrid store). This tightened up the back fit, limiting slippage.2) Because I have really flat feet and wear an orthotic, which raises the foot at mid shoe, I...
There´s been a real dearth of news lately on MTM shirts from web-based shirtmakers. Used to be lots of feedback (often negative) on Jantzen, Modern Tailor and their brethren. Yes, there are inherent problems with fitting, cloth selection, turnaround time, customer service, etc. when ordering on the web. Yet, once you´ve dialed in the fit, the value for money can be very good compared with poorly-fitting off the rack shirts or expensive on-site MTM. So, anyone to...
Comments, please... http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2012/09/why-are-americans-less-stylish-than-europeansjapanese.html
+1. I think there are few choices that (i) can be dressed down or up (I´ve seen these paired with sportcoats in Europe), (ii) are comfortable, (iii) are reasonably durable, (iv) are readily available, (v) fit in with your age, and (vi) won´t cost you big bucks.Even so, these are more comfortable with good third-party inserts such as PowerStep).