or Connect

Posts by dmash

Some good stuff in here, GLWS man
Working 40 hours a week/taking 16 credits of upper level sciences in a summer semester just absolutely annihilated me. Just finished up last week, thank God that's over. Get an entire 10 days before starting fall semester next Wednesday I'm trying to beef up the resume prior to med school apps next June. I keep telling myself it will eventually be worth it, haha.
Well first off, this is purely my opinion based on what I've come to like and realize works best for me, so take it how you please. When I'm saying 'hard' and 'soft', I don't literally mean the leather itself, I'm referring more to the way the boot is structured. Guidi's are floppy and and just give off a 'softer' vibe to me. I've said this before, but NicelyNice is a perfect example of Guidi done right.^Those Augusta's I posted a few posts back are an example of what I'm...
Jet- if you want to do some searching (although I'm assuming you probably don't ) I've seen a lot of good deals on Junhashimoto S23's on YahooJP over the past few months. That's DEFINITELY what I'd be getting if Carpe fit my foot well. Seen a lot of pairs go for around $400 or so. They of course come in black, as well as smooth and reversed leathers.
Andrew- Bottega footwear is legit, not talked about much in here, but I can definitely vouch for their quality for the aesthetic they cater to. I really like Bottega moccasins. I'm not saying drop 2k, I've never ever dropped that and I've owned 10+ pairs of 'baller' footwear. You can be patient and get Augusta/Layer-0/MA+ for around $1k. My problem with Marsell/Guidi is upon wearing, it's just not the aesthetic I want. They are both nice boots and look great on the...
fahk id get this if it were a size 5. good price, glws:slayer:
Andrew do you have use for both right now? Your money, but I know I've owned derbies before and didn't get that much use out of them. Perhaps start with just a pair of boots and go from there? or combine funds and get one awesome pair of boots
^This.Something I'd definitely make sure of if you're serious about buying..........is to get close ups of the shoulders laying flat on the ground. If he's literally been letting it hang in his closet for years, there's a very real possibility the shoulders could have permanent pulls in the leather. Seen this happen multiple times with people who forget about knits or leathers on hangers.
That problem is that MAYBE 10% of that 90% actually has any real life experience with all these brands though. People own one pair of Guidi boots and think they're geniuses on the subject of 'baller boots' and 'good leather'. (BTW, not insinuating this is you Shady, just speaking about the forum in general).
Visited girlfriend's family in Door County, WI. Took the Cranchi out as well, such an amazing boat.