or Connect

Posts by sfnapolifan

this one? http://images.google.com/hosted/life...ec531d58c8b9a0
Quote: Originally Posted by malefic So what's wrong with the two stmny posted? Your description makes it sound like there's no way to tell it's actually JFK in the photo you're thinking of (if it's just his arm) so wouldn't you rather have a perfectly clear shot of the double-sided cufflinks that also shows the rest of him in a perfectly respectable photo? but that's not jfk
Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn ^interesting idea sfnapolifan. My (amateur) thought was that a tailor could just take off the sleeve, then insert a crescent shaped piece of fabric on the bottom of the armpit hole to make the hole smaller... I assume something similar would have to be done on the sleeve as well. I'm not sure how much extra fabric is needed to achieve high armholes, i.e. to push the jacket armpit into your body's actual armpit, it might...
this could be a worthwhile experiment, assuming that the potential loss would not be too great. however, the work involved would likely be so expensive that it would only make sense to try it on a more expensive garment. also, i think the only way to do it would be to start with a coat where some of the overall length could be sacrificed in order to make the armhole higher and where other elements of the jacket including pockets and button stance are also lower than...
curious how much time goes into one of these projects and also how long your gf has been at this or whether she has had any training (beyond what might have been passed down in her family)? in my family, my grandmother was a skilled sewer in a shoe factory and some of that knowledge (with respect to sewing generally, not sewing shoes in particular) got passed along to her daughters (my mother and aunts)--but i don't think i saw anything any of them accomplished that...
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell Call any Alden dealer and say you want a make-up order. $150 uplift on the regular price and the shoe is yours. LeatherSoulHawaii will do it, as will Steven Taffel at Leffot. No minimum order, just a substantial wait time. alden in san francisco told me you can't just order one custom pair of cigar or whiskey shell. essentially, i was told they are only allotted so much whiskey or cigar and the store...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt These are good suggestions. I prefer La Taqueria to the others, but Cancun is great as well. i'd add el metate to the list.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I've had better espressos than the ones I make from Nespresso, but it is a bit time intensive to get myself to Rome or Naples, and I sure as hell haven't had any better outside those two places. Coffee snobs crack me up, and not much aging happens in vacuum sealed containers. Also, it isn't so much the quality of the raw bean as the quality of the blend, and the consistency of taste. never been to blue...
contact info and location (kowloon) at www.leebaron.ca
pg, thanks for the detailed assessment. i have an appointment with chan for when they come to san francisco later in november, so will probably just go that route (with a fitting) for now. unfortunately, don't have any justification at present for travel to hk. also, figured out that your mac is a muji, correct? planning on stopping by their store in nyc next week, assuming that's the case. btw, nice avatar upgrade--mystery rack?