or Connect

Posts by sfnapolifan

Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan ^^^ I refuse to believe that is the best a tailor can do working with denim. Those divots are epic. I don't get the whole Al's Attire thing either. I always leave scratching my head. Frankly, surprised that Vox is a customer.
we're considering a wedding in hawaii (big island) in early fall or late summer. i would be the groom. i've been thinking about doing a db suit (haven't decided on stance, but most likely 4x2, 6x2, or perhaps even 6x3)--just read manton's post on the subject of wedding attire at LL, and that confirmed my thinking. i'm thinking probably solid navy or midnight in some kind of fresco or hopsack. i don't know much about these fabric types. is one more appropriate to a...
well, we're probably both to blame--although i'm not sure it's 50-50. i okay'd the measurements thinking they reflected what i was discussing with the guy doing the measurements. we were working off an attolini try-on and a kiton i was wearing that day--my kiton is a short and the attolini was a regular. i think we agreed on a bit shorter than my kiton (kiton is generally a little on the longer side). however, this came in much more than a little bit shorter--i'd say about...
i tried out attolini and the order didn't come out as planned. jacket was far too short and much tighter than i expected. the jacket conformed to the measurements written on the order form--but, of course, i wasn't the one taking the measurements. i've rejected it, but am potentially open to a re-do if they will do it for their cost (i.e., i would be willing to pay the initially agreed price--technically, just the second half which i haven't yet paid--plus the cost of...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Have you checked with Alden in SF to see if they can have a pair made for you? They seem open to this sort of thing. i think this is just alden's policy, and the stores have nothing to do with it. there doesn't appear to be any reasonable justification for it--they make custom orders in other materials (they'll even make a pair of shoes in different sizes for the left and right feet), and while the shell in...
shoulders on first jacket don't look all that bad. some overextension on your right shoulder showing--nothing a good tailor couldn't fix. i actually don't find the shoulder pads all that offensive in this case. and no, it's not necessarily easy to have shoulder pads taken out--the shoulder is cut to accommodate the pad--even a good tailor might screw up this alteration as the shoulder seam will have to be resewn differently. fit through the body appears okay. however,...
Quote: Originally Posted by glenjay DW has been kind enough to agree to create a pair of brown wingtip oxford shoes for me. I am aware this process takes some time, so I am waiting patiently. Once I have the completed shoes in hand I plan to take detailed pictures of them and share them on this forum (if that is ok with DW). measuring by mail? 1 year wait?
Quote: Originally Posted by Pezzaturra "You Lie!" They cannot possibly produce so much chocolate. vox is overstating the case. really it's just unattractive women from cambridge, allston and watertown.
Quote: Originally Posted by Montesquieu I did. Business in Milan conveniently allowed a Polosophy visit last September. I liked what I saw and ordered 5. The first Polosophy shirt fit perfectly in Hawaii. The other 4 are now en route. I'll post a review once summer weather allows. The advantage of being shorter and slimmer than modern man: bespoke is the only option. Having tried various RTW options, I'm thankful that services like Polosophy...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Divots are not a function of sleeve pitch... really depends on the divot. some are overextension of shoulders without enough sleeve fullness. other times it's the wrong sleeve pitch.