or Connect

Posts by sfnapolifan

Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Really? Most of the Isaia sold on Gilt had to have the Saks/Neiman Marcus tags removed from them before they were shipped to customers. Hmm, I'm surprised on that one--definitely don't see any evidence of that in the lining. The Isaia was nice, don't get me wrong, but fabric was not in the same league as what I see at the local Neimans in SF. It was sort of a steel blue number in a S120s hopsacky...
i bought the zegna blazer, too (actually, i bought both of the ones offered in navy), and they were certainly shit. that shouldn't be all that surprising since most of what zegna makes is complete and utter shit--if they make anything decent, it's likely an accident. i've heard from a lot of salespeople that zegna has upped their game, modernized their cuts, etc. every time i try a piece on, my prejudice is validated--zegna sucks. however, the credit wasn't the tragedy...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan This is an analytic mess, but I'll try to parse it. The reason why logic can be equated with a form of truth is because it does not make or require fact-based or empirical assumptions. It is a consistently repeatable, abstract idea. Like math. logic is however axiomatic and requires the acceptance of certain starting points as self-evident.
barbera is doing a trunk show at wilkes in sf this week and i'd like to figure out a couple of things before placing an order. wilkes hasn't had collezione in stock (or a barbera trunk show) in some time. i had purchased a barbera collezione sartoriale jacket a while back off gilt and was very pleased. the tag inside the left inner pocket says, among other things, "c.c.i.a.a. napoli 495876". the examples present in the store (shipped in from richards in greenwich) had...
the guy with suit and no tie has no excuse. the guy with slacks and a blazer i can maybe understand. at least in investment banking here in san francisco, standards of dress depend on what will be happening on any particular day. if you are a banker or research analyst meeting with a corporate client or potential corporate client, blazer and no tie is perfectly acceptable. you don't want do overdo it since the clients you'll be meeting with are likely slobs and will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Scabal, but it was 50% mohair, 35% linen and 15% silk. Makes up and handles differently than a wool/mohair blend. I'm looking at Scabal Mohair book 1940 and I would put this range up there with Smiths and move Cape Breeze down a notch. Just looked at the Scabal site--is this the "Cannes" bunch? I see a dark blue listed as 702393. For my purposes--temperature likely 80-90F, wanting to both be...
Hi all, Looking to have a navy DB suit made up for my wedding in Hawaii later this year, in a fairly lightweight wool-mohair blend (I was thinking 240-260 grams, 50-50 mix). Plan is to have Chan make it, but they didn't bring anything of this sort on their recent US trip. They've quoted me three options--I'm guessing I'll have to select without seeing them in person--so if anyone has experience with these, I'd appreciate your opinions. Thanks in advance. H69508 to...
a little late to the party here... but i think people made too much out of this. i've bought isaia and barbera off gilt and from what i can tell the quality is on par with what you'd find in stores, acknowledging that stores sell items of variable quality (and at varying price points) from those same brands. my only complaint with gilt (or stp, for that matter) is that they don't provide adequate detail on the products they sell--the isaia suit i purchased was...
i just bought a pair of sutters in size 9.5d (i'm generally a 9.5d or e in most brands) as shoes for rainy days due to the rubber sole. i also liked the idea of a recraftable rubber-soled shoe. i had the store stretch out one of the shoes a bit to compensate for one foot being wider than the other. wore them once and they are now ready for goodwill. the least comfortable shoes i have ever worn. the leather seemed extremely unforgiving and low quality compared to the...
as others have mentioned, go shopping together. a good starting point would be someplace that has clothes for both men and women and where it's hard to go wrong. a ralph lauren store or a loro piana store are good examples. as others have mentioned, this has potential economic drawbacks. otoh, i have found this to strengthen my relationship, if for no other reason than i am more invested in her because i have more invested in her wardrobe.