or Connect

Posts by sfnapolifan

http://blog.rodengray.com/wp-content...3/DSC_0820.jpg nope, too lazy. it is an effect a bit similar to what you see here (found via a google search, one that shouldn't be performed at work, btw, at least not with safesearch off). given the snuff suede color of the shoes in question, the effect is actually a bit more pronounced, with the "hair" appearing significantly lighter than the background suede, if any of this makes any sense. anyway, this isn't what i had hoped...
i got caught in the rain in a pair of snuff suede alden chukkas a couple weeks back in nyc (live in san francisco and forgot how unpredictable east coast weather can be). they looked/felt a little worse for wear after drying out, so i tried brushing them with a nylon-bristle suede brush bought from the alden shop on madison avenue. don't really know what i was hoping to accomplish by doing this, but it appears that brushing the suede raised the nap so that i now have...
there can be some quality control issues, but not a huge problem if you buy them from a luxottica-owned retailer. i had a pair a few years ago (of an unfortunately discontinued style) where the lenses began to come away from the frame (not popping out, but on their way to doing so). went back to the retailer (sunglass hut) and got a replacement no questions asked. same thing began happening to the next pair. got another replacement. those were solid, but unforunately...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chips Hmmm. Any more info on this Suzanne George? All I can find is a yelp review, but it seems to be a glowing one. April in Paris is an option that I will consider, if I exhaust every other possibility. I think there could be no finer example than what she makes, but $400 is a bit steep for a casual belt that will get worn maybe twice a month at the absolute most. I'm tempted to do drop by her store tomorrow and see if...
you're in san francisco, no? maybe april in paris on clement street or suzanne george the shoemaker in noe valley? belts on april in paris' website start above $400, but that's including a silver buckle. i'd imagine suzanne george would be less expensive. maybe also consider glaser designs--prices seem almost reasonable from their website.
i wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually have the hanger to give to you. i think many of the department stores only use the fancy wooden hangers (like you see for tom ford and loro piana) for display, and actually receive the garments for sale on shitty plastic hangers or not on hangers at all. if we were talking about a composite mainetti hanger (like those used to display kiton, isaia, cuccinelli, et al), i could relate--unless i'm getting a deep discount, i expect...
Wolf Form Company. $800. Maybe see if you can find one second-hand.
lordosis is a bitch (at least for getting clothes to fit correctly). the front-back balance issue does not seem egregious here, by any stretch. i'd just have them let out the back a bit and take in the sides (or, since it's already quite tight, not take in the sides quite so much as the back is let out). oh, and shorten the pants. they did a nice job with the scye/sleevehead/sleeve, though. that's usually the other big problem area when tailors encounter very erect...
Quote: Originally Posted by justsayno anyone who kopped care to share their experience? since this thread has been resurrected... i bought the seersucker pants. fit well (slim cut) and appear well made (in the same ballpark as greenfield-made bbgf pants). panta is probably a better bargain on the same manufacturer's wares (but better materials), but i'm pleased and will be looking forward to the next sale to maybe pick up some more. my only...
Quote: Originally Posted by egyu SF is really that bad for finding a good suit! Man, that's a bit depressing. Is there a good tailor in the city that can take a meh RTW to a properly fitted suit (meh within reason of course). I've also had no luck in finding dress shirts that do not look like capes. Any good MTM shirt makers in the city? And yes, The Hound does look a bit too trad for my tastes. as to tailors, the answer is franz--best...