or Connect

Posts by makewayhomer

Like anything else I think you just need to get a feel for the person. How they communicate etc. I'd have to think about it but I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on here. Really my worst has been with a high volume eBay seller of AE (with perfect feedback) who gave me a super hard time about a return despite a very clear no questions asked policy.
mark me interested on the Warlow
hrrm yes agree
that's actually a pretty modest increase
yeah the original price was probably the screwy one. the Marlow is now $995 at RL.
"Corcoran" Shell Cordovan PTB. Best I can tell this was an old shoe maker from Stoughton, MA. Not sure when these were made but heels are marked "B.F. Goodrich" which hasn't been used for a long time.
I would not topy any beautiful nailed/screwed soles, like these Buday's. I would keep those like that, bc I have other Dainite and Commando soled shoes I wear in bad weather. but when it came time to resole...I'd likely go with Dainite
Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Longwings 8E. Barrie last. From Alden of SF. Used but in nice condition. Original soles have been topied for long wear/weather protection. Will ship with Alden box and bags. $499 + actual shipping cost
Ravello longwings, recent pickup from me (2nd hand, and in need of a shine) I haven't got a great fit in Barrie shoes (not boots) and I'm hoping these work out. These are 8E. I love my Indy boots in 8.5D for instance, they are probably a touch too long but the boot fit makes up for it I think...whereas 8.5D shoes have been too sloppy at the heel for me (lengthwise). for comparison, bc I like that sort of thing, next to Rancourt tan shell and AE brown shell
my suggestion is to wear shoes you'll be comfortable sleeping in