or Connect

Posts by makewayhomer

Yep they remind me of the old pics. Here is one I found from 2009. With a nice whiskey comparison!
Those are beauties. My *guess* is that it's still Cognac shell as the current version is, just a much different shade as it happens
Made in USA Shell Cordovan PTB. Made by Corcorcan, a now defunct old school leave it to be beaver style maker of bombproof shoes. They were based in Massachusetts. These are 9D, my size, they fit TTS. Heels marked "B.F. Goodrich" and are in mint condition. These couldn't have been worn more than a few times. Soles marked "Genuine Shell Cordovan" and are rock hard $140 + actual shipping cost
Edit - I' m in.found the details hereMarlow Short Wing BlucherHorween Whiskey Shell Cordovan325 LastStorm WeltDouble Leather SoleAntique EdgeContrast Welt Stitching
yup. for the Dundee for instance the difference between today's rate and a simple recent average (1.6) is over $100
if they have the Whiskey available...
wow - does that make 12?
Perhaps you could inquire? I think simply say you have a lot of Marlow owners and they simply want to order the same size
It's not really a matter of how expensive the shoes are. I have shoes more expensive than those vs a Dainite sole BC that works for those boots. My most formal cap toe Oxfords I've least untopied. . and those were relatively cheap
Like anything else I think you just need to get a feel for the person. How they communicate etc. I'd have to think about it but I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on here. Really my worst has been with a high volume eBay seller of AE (with perfect feedback) who gave me a super hard time about a return despite a very clear no questions asked policy.