or Connect

Posts by makewayhomer

Florsheim Imperial black shell PTB. Signature green thread.
Sweet. I'm a lazy man without skill but I'd like to have some of my edges recolored. My understanding is this is much easier as part of a resole
If you're used to looking at Alden #8, most other #8 will look light
I'm your exact size. 8e UK in the 325 was great for me, while I couldn't get a good fit in any Ralph Lauren sized Marlow. I'm in the camp that says there is *something* weird going on in the sizing of the traditional Marlow. Narrow width? I dunno but it's weire
Recent eBay arrival. Cheapest pair of shoes I've ever bought. These were unmarked shell, vintage Florsheim in super nice shape. The black PTB is not a style I seek out but it's always fun to find vintage Florsheim in my favored E width in mint shape. I think I'll take them to a cobbler to create natural edges to casual them down My daughter also enjoys them
I think to be fair to Horween, a lot of this is manufacturers making up their own names for the colors.But yes completely agree that people get way to hung up on specific color names. Here are the general colors that exist imo:- Natural/whiskey/saddle/bourbon- ravello/cognac- cappuccino/cigar/dark brown- #8- black- #4- #2Basically 3 shades of brown, 3 shades of red, and black. Within all the brand names there is tons of variance and changes over time that drawing lines...
There has been Kenwood in burgundy shell in 9d for over a year now. $299. I bought a pair and they came in a beautiful light burgundy
Beauties! I have a #4 wallet that in less than a year has gotten a lot darker. I wonder how RED #2 stays over the long term
I'm guessing ruby red is #4 and not #2 but that is literally a guess
I think you need to go back longer than that. I started shopping for shell in 2009 (I still have most of the Shoemart emails) and don't ever remember seeing #4 in any of them. You could see Ravello and Whiskey pop up more however. It's possible firsts sat unsold but I think if that was the case you would have *sometimes* seen them on seconds lists(just looking at my first email I see listings for "dark brown" shell cordovan and "tan" shell cordovan for $369!)