or Connect

Posts by makewayhomer

I think to be fair to Horween, a lot of this is manufacturers making up their own names for the colors.But yes completely agree that people get way to hung up on specific color names. Here are the general colors that exist imo:- Natural/whiskey/saddle/bourbon- ravello/cognac- cappuccino/cigar/dark brown- #8- black- #4- #2Basically 3 shades of brown, 3 shades of red, and black. Within all the brand names there is tons of variance and changes over time that drawing lines...
There has been Kenwood in burgundy shell in 9d for over a year now. $299. I bought a pair and they came in a beautiful light burgundy
Beauties! I have a #4 wallet that in less than a year has gotten a lot darker. I wonder how RED #2 stays over the long term
I'm guessing ruby red is #4 and not #2 but that is literally a guess
I think you need to go back longer than that. I started shopping for shell in 2009 (I still have most of the Shoemart emails) and don't ever remember seeing #4 in any of them. You could see Ravello and Whiskey pop up more however. It's possible firsts sat unsold but I think if that was the case you would have *sometimes* seen them on seconds lists(just looking at my first email I see listings for "dark brown" shell cordovan and "tan" shell cordovan for $369!)
I sold a pair of shoes to someone who registered only 2 months ago but had 16 pieces of feedback (all positive). He pays via PayPal immediately. 13 hours later eBay says they have closed his account but I can't get anymore details. He claims he has no idea what happened. What do I do here?
Honestly there is so much variation in cognac and dark cognac and brown that I think of them as one color that may look wildly different from batch to batch . Even in the same "batch" cognac can look very different than cognac
C&J is not doing cognac shell anymore?My C&J for BB captoe boots are 6 years old and on their original Dainite soles. And I'm a 230 pound guy who only has a 5 or 6 shoe rotation. In that time I've had loafers go through at least 3 heels. That's a long way of saying Dainite is incredibly hard wearing
But if you're a lawyer you should probably be looking for another job as well.
They dye som of their own colors so it's certainly possible.