or Connect

Posts by CBrown85

Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan That's pretty much teachers in a nutshell. Some of the hardest partiers I've ever met. So true. We went pretty hard in teachers college, but I didn't expect to be outdone by a bunch of 30 year olds on a friday night.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugger You mean the top 25% who pay over 80% of the taxes? Riiiight. Because they sure tax the shit out of the bottom 50% who pay less than 4% of taxes... I think that serves the point on how much wealth is spread over such a small area at and near the top. If there was a larger % of people with a greater income, wouldn't that ease the tax burden of the top?
Refreshing to see wood floors in a classroom. So used to dirty linoleum.
NYR, does New York have a big "Assessment For Learning" push right now? It's a trend we're seeing a lot of the schools here move in. A question to the panel: What is required to teach in New York state. I've got an HKin degree and an Ed degree and am thinking about the possibility of a one-year move. Not sure what certs I'd need to look into.
Suppose I'm waiting for the revision before I invest in one. I like my macbook, but I see a lot more application of this in the classroom and in the field (PE and History). Probably keep the PC at home and just use this at school- keep a bluetooth keyboard or one of the keyboard docks in my office. $500 is a lot of dough-rae-me though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugger Entitled teachers thinking they're irreplaceable and that they possess the magical elixer of education(thinking a teaching degree makes you a good teacher, or better..that graduate classes make them more worthy of a teaching job and that they should be compensated for it) even though their school is failing, their students hate them and they are barely in touch with reality. Add on top of that over zealous and demanding...
bump bump bump
Been doing a lot of web 2.0 in my teaching/prof. development. Anyone on The Twitter?
Secondary (8-12) Physical Education, Social Studies 8 and History 12 are my primary focus lately. Only been in the game for a few months, though.