or Connect

Posts by CBrown85

NYR, does New York have a big "Assessment For Learning" push right now? It's a trend we're seeing a lot of the schools here move in. A question to the panel: What is required to teach in New York state. I've got an HKin degree and an Ed degree and am thinking about the possibility of a one-year move. Not sure what certs I'd need to look into.
Suppose I'm waiting for the revision before I invest in one. I like my macbook, but I see a lot more application of this in the classroom and in the field (PE and History). Probably keep the PC at home and just use this at school- keep a bluetooth keyboard or one of the keyboard docks in my office. $500 is a lot of dough-rae-me though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugger Entitled teachers thinking they're irreplaceable and that they possess the magical elixer of education(thinking a teaching degree makes you a good teacher, or better..that graduate classes make them more worthy of a teaching job and that they should be compensated for it) even though their school is failing, their students hate them and they are barely in touch with reality. Add on top of that over zealous and demanding...
bump bump bump
Been doing a lot of web 2.0 in my teaching/prof. development. Anyone on The Twitter?
Secondary (8-12) Physical Education, Social Studies 8 and History 12 are my primary focus lately. Only been in the game for a few months, though.
Every time I read an AR6 or Fuuma post I get even more confused than I already am. Are we supposed to wear clothes for attention or to blend in? Either my reading comprehension is low or they're just too fancy to say ''I just don't like how that looks''.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol ok but, like, that's just your opinion, man fuck what's that from
He's rightfully pissed that the folks who go on and on about how fitted jeans, oxfords and desert boots are the be-all-end-all of 'style' don't see any other possible way and has already tacitly acknowledged that others can still maintain these 'preppy' or 'workwear' based aesthetics but need to do so with edge and imagination for them to be worthy of his attention and praise (or tolerance?). It's just a shame that most people don't have the intelligence or the brooding...