or Connect

Posts by CBrown85

Yeah I wasnt sure if I would use it a lot but my MacBook has been collecting dust in the desk since i've picked this thing up. Got a wireless keyboard for it for hardcore processing, but haven't really needed it as of yet. GREAT for the classroom so far.
Mesa, Arizona had some and Vegas had TONS. Grabbed one and will probably return or sell the version 1. This is nicer to hold in one hand.
Quote: Originally Posted by blairh Speaking for myself, if I bought an iPad it would be primarily for reasons beyond reading a magazine (watching movies on a plane, etc). However seeing that mags are being offered to read on an iPad, and that GQ offers such an edition, I'd be intrigued to try it. But I should have some access to the mag as a subscriber already. Only someone with disposable income would be cool with being a GQ subscriber and paying an...
Great interview with the Finnish Minister of Education- a must-read for educators. Link
Quote: Originally Posted by dcg What a douchebag. Weird considering one of the more positive characters in Rye was a teacher. Mind you, he takes a shot at Hemmingway, his favorite author, in the same book.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I remember being like in first or second grade and forgetting my money at home for the class picture. It was like $20 bucks for a bunch of pictures, so I was kinda angry and sad, because I knew I was gonna get shit from my mom. I couldn't call her to get the money, because she was at work, so I was the only one in the class that wasn't going to the auditorium to have my picture taken. My teacher Mrs. Blackwell...
Quote: Originally Posted by bringusingoodale We have been predicting the end of humans and the subsequent rise of machines/technology for years. It seems to be getting closer to this, but I am still skeptical. Some people will claim that teachers are the system. Well if we're talking about the end of humans than it's the end of the thread... People who claim that teachers "are" the system aren't taking many factors (economic, social and...
just answered your own question there, sparky
I think there's a pretty valid concern over teachers. In fact, many teachers that I know are frustrated by other teachers. Lazy and apathetic teachers are a significant barrier to meaningful change. That said, most teachers want to do good and do so on a daily basis. These are the teachers who have reached burnout stage and don't help themselves so they can help others. On the topic of human motivation (that is, are teachers necessary) I think it's important to...
Usually get to the school around 7:30 and leave about 5 or so. Unless there's practise or a tournament or something in which case I could be there anywheres between 7 pm or 10 pm. Not sure how to count extra marking, communicating with parents/students, lesson planning or pro-d though. I dunno, is it work if you like doing it?