or Connect

Posts by CBrown85

Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I remember being like in first or second grade and forgetting my money at home for the class picture. It was like $20 bucks for a bunch of pictures, so I was kinda angry and sad, because I knew I was gonna get shit from my mom. I couldn't call her to get the money, because she was at work, so I was the only one in the class that wasn't going to the auditorium to have my picture taken. My teacher Mrs. Blackwell...
Quote: Originally Posted by bringusingoodale We have been predicting the end of humans and the subsequent rise of machines/technology for years. It seems to be getting closer to this, but I am still skeptical. Some people will claim that teachers are the system. Well if we're talking about the end of humans than it's the end of the thread... People who claim that teachers "are" the system aren't taking many factors (economic, social and...
just answered your own question there, sparky
I think there's a pretty valid concern over teachers. In fact, many teachers that I know are frustrated by other teachers. Lazy and apathetic teachers are a significant barrier to meaningful change. That said, most teachers want to do good and do so on a daily basis. These are the teachers who have reached burnout stage and don't help themselves so they can help others. On the topic of human motivation (that is, are teachers necessary) I think it's important to...
Usually get to the school around 7:30 and leave about 5 or so. Unless there's practise or a tournament or something in which case I could be there anywheres between 7 pm or 10 pm. Not sure how to count extra marking, communicating with parents/students, lesson planning or pro-d though. I dunno, is it work if you like doing it?
Yeah, just to add to the news post. The New Yorker is a free app but you need a $90 subscription to get anything. This is seperate if you have a print subscription. ugh.
There are two apps that I know of that act as Flash viewers: SkyFire (is a web browser that loads Flash videos but takes a while and costs money [the app not the videos]) and iSwifter which is another Flash viewer. iSwifter is free but you can donate to use it (100% of procedes go to Red Cross apparently). I was unhappy about the flash thing too, but with the zillion or so apps out there there's pretty much a way around everything. Fuck I just went out and got a wireless...
I have this exact shirt in a M. Awesome piece, the red really pops.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Every place I have ever worked has thoroughly checked every claim on my resume. Once I almost got in trouble becuase I listed a degree that, because of a paperwork delay, had not processed yet even though I had done all the work and "graduated." This has happened to me as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Because sometimes one can only read so much horseshit without mentioning that it stinks. Are the the teachers posting in this thread the ones who need to be shit on? How productive is that? I'm all for constructive criticism but the last couple pages are just plain mean spirited. It sucks because KenRose and NYR are both experienced teachers in my subject areas that I hoped to hear from and about.