or Connect

Posts by CBrown85

Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo What? Beat them until they love school? You're not seriously advocating child abuse in place of meaningful change.
Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye Good for the self-motivated, but I'd have written all my reports on Cheetohs eating or something. So? Problem Based Learning and the (terribly named) Assessment For Learning offer a lot more than people are able to give it credit for. I'm not sure I buy the ''kids naturally hate math and will stop at nothing to avoid it unless we drill and kill". We're trying to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic,...
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Thank you to everybody who pmed me. It means more than you will ever know. I will respond to each of you individually tonight. I don't agree with them, but I guess it is a feeling we are making too much money and not producing results. However, we are producing better and better results each year. Despite deep cuts in education. I read recently that if the US removed the scores from the bottom 14 states we...
Quote: Originally Posted by BB1 Woah, I didn't realize Club Monaco had become so expensive! Whom do they think they are anyway, J Crew? Reminds me of how J Crew thinks they can sell a $1000 jacket by claiming something like "Made in a top Italian factory", which is both generic and exotic sounding. You have to admit the name "Club Monaco" is an insult to the customer's intelligence. It's presumably intended to sound exotic, yet it comes of as...
Nice fit, moo
Most of them have no idea what they want. They're products of the very same system they hate so much so the ability to imagine something more or different isn't easy.
attn: nosu3 plz make everything here 1 size smaller. thx. mgmt.
Fuck. I love how much both the students and general society hates us.