or Connect

Posts by LEVOOSH

SOTD - Jo Malone Sweet Cedar and Lime courtesy of @Master-Classter - who gave me a 45 minute crash course in fragrances. Guy knows his juice. Cedar is too strong on first spray for me, but I love the dry down which remains woodsy with a hint of lime. Really starting to like this the more I wear it, alas it is discontinued.....
Thanks for your help gents. Order placed for Private Store Barrel's Of Four Roses and Old Scout.
Thanks again for your responses guys. Ok so here is the final tally on what's available based on your very helpful suggestions: Old Scout 6 Old Scout 10 Old Scout Store Private Bottling Four Roses Single Barrel, Barrel Strength They also suggested: Black Maple Hill Rye Michter's 10 year Rye I've had the Black Maple Hill Bourbon but never the rye so I'd love some help on that. Right now I'm leaning towards the FR and the Old Scout Private Store Bottling. Any further...
Thanks guys. I've located what I beleive to be the Old Scout Single Barrel 10 year old and am trying to find some Four Roses.Is the Buffalo Trace single oak project worth a try?
@NewYorkIslander and other aficionados of this thread Need your recommendations here. My brother is going to Memphis next week and is able to bring me back one or at most two bottles of bourbon. I'm going to contact some of the local liquor stores to see what they have in stock. I can't spend a fortune but would like something unique and delicious as this opportunity pops up infrequently. Up here in Canada we are just starting to get decent bourbon trickling in, but still...
Just to weigh in here on @GMMcL's previous post which has lead to the recent discussion. I agree with @spectre that the offender in GMMCL's fit is the pocket square. I can see what he was trying to do as there is a hint of olive/brown in the ps that echoes the tie but the other colours in the ps are too far afield to make it work. I think the outfit with a different PS (maybe a navy/white floral) would have been better. I also think that a plain blue shirt would have...
Thanks @joelscott7
Does that cover bourbons as well?
Wow Rob. That is a serious collection. Seems like your summer is spent searching for bourbon with the family. Great way to combine family time and a hobby! Question for the canucks here - is there anyway to determine when the LCBO is receiving stock of the better bourbons, like a newsletter, etc. I frequent the Summerhill LCBO and happened to be there when they put up a sign that they were receiving a few bottles of Pappy 12, but otherwise it seems like I'm always too late.
David - that is beautiful. Where is the cloth from and what is the weight?