or Connect

Posts by jnm23q

I've had three. Two had the thick buttons and one the thinner buttons. All bought from STF. Plus points: I love the collars - a soft collar, with a nice spread and long collar points Lovely fabric Nice details e.g. on the gusset and of course the buttons They have an amazing colour selection Minus: Not the most fitted shirts. I am 16" neck with a 34" waist (fairly average for UK), but I find these slightly baggy on the waist One of the elbows wore away on the "thin...
I have one of these - it's a great suit for the money. Cloth is from Zegna, cut is slim but not as slim as (say) Ralph Black Label James. It's a herringbone type cloth, lovely quality, medium weight. If you're worried about the "brand" you can get a Paul Smith / Boss suit from the Bicester outlet for £250 - £350. It don't be as good quality though. My PS one started to pill after 18 months. Ede and Ravenscroft are a good mid range option and start at £600 OTR. Quite...
I would say the main differences are: Fabric Feel the fabric on (for example) a Kiton shirt. It's not the same as the CK. It's softer and has a "nap" to it. Quality of buttons Truzzi/Barba are good example - the buttons are thick, iridescent mother of pearl. As opposed to thin, brittle plastic, or tacky coloured plastic Quality of stitching Look at the seams on the side of the shirt, buttons holes etc. Collar Cheap shirts tend to have an over stiff...
GBP400 on some C&J handgrades. They was full price from Jermyn St. I've never been in EG or Lobb as I think 400 is my ceiling.
Both horrible Ted Baker is like a poor man's Paul Smith / Etro. I can't believe they are charging USD800 for the suits, here in the UK they are around GBP250. In Selfridges (not great) collection of suits they are probably the worst. It's the kind of suit a 20 year old office junior would buy to try and look trendy. Thomas Pink is Lewin quality at Hilditch and Key prices. Mediocre fabric, plastic buttons, don't wear well. The regular fit is like a tent, the slim fit is...
Woodhouse was a respected clothing shop in London a few years back. They seemed to disappear around 2008 but are still online. They focused quite a lot of "barryboy" casual labels; Armani Jeans, Stone Island, DG that kind of thing. If you look at their site now it's much the same. As I recall their suits were priced around the £300 mark so similar to Austin Reed and Cecil Gee at the time price wise. I'm not sure who made their suits, but I have a couple of their...
Get all my shirts done as a service wash. Truzzi ones must have been through the cycle about 30 times and look as new. The only ones that seemed to suffer were Pink slim fit so don't buy those any more. The laundry are much better at removing 'collar ring' than me and they come back nicely ironed - saves me a couple of hours a week.
This is what I'd go for: 6 plain shirts white, french cuff white, button cuff repeat above for light blue repeat above for pink (or another pastel shade such as lilac or cream) 2 stripe shirts blue and white vertical stripe french cuff red and white vertical stripe french cuff 1 check shirt blue and white or pink and white button cuff 3 others medium blue with white collar/ white french cuffs ocbd in plain fawn button cuff ocbd in plain blue button cuff
Try hilditch and key
Shirts Hilditch & Key, Emma Willis, Harvie Hudson (Jermyn St) Turnbull and Asser (Jermyn St although the staff in the Harrods concession are nicer) Kiton (Clifford St) if you want to break the bank Harrods and Selfridges have a good range too - Selfridges carry Truzzi, RLPL. Harrods have Zegna Couture and Canali exclusive Trousers Cordings of Piccadilly Marks and Spencers have some decent suits for £500 made with Zegna fabric For casual wear try Urban...