Posts by winston86dit

RRL by Ralph Lauren black slim fit selvedge denim. Bought new this season and only worn a few times. These are in great condition with no signs of wear. Button front, 5 pocket, selvedge denim in a true black denim. Never been washed. Size is 31. waist-16.5" inseam-32" hem-7.5" No trades. No low balls. Reasonable offers welcome. International shipping welcome just contact me for a shipping price before purchasing.
Viberg stitch down 2030 service boot in brown CXL leather with dianite outsole. In great condition with some minimal scuffing at the toe and a few other signs of wear. But these boots have years and years of life in them and the dianite sole is in great condition. Comes with leather laces. No extra lace and no box but comes with shoe bags. Size 11.5 Paypal only. International shipping welcome just contact me for a shipping quote. But please note these are heavy boots and...
To be honest, not really sure why I got this but figured some might find it interesting here. Also, I would love to know more information on the project if anyone is familiar.
Both of those look great. I especially like that henley. I went over the weekend to one of the stores closest to me and there's definitely a lot on sale that isn't on the website. Even those down shirt jackets which seemed to make a very short appearance online were all over the place in store.
Totally agree.But...And I don't claim to know how every single retailer and designer does this and I know it varies quite a bit but there are a lot of instances where the brand still has to front the money to make said items and wait till delivery (months down the line) to collect final payment. Again, terms are always different from retailer to retailer and brand to brand.Here's an interesting...
Sorry, I meant to write in retailer, not wholesale. That's my typo. I need to go back and edit.I completely agree with the second part however. I'm not saying I support a brand like Everlane and I particularly don't like their products but there is something to their business model that i don't think it can just be shrugged off as "oh their just a retailer too."But if Everlane were to become a part of the traditional model and sell to other retailers tomorrow, wouldn't...
In the case of Everlane, they are the designer and retailer, not just the retailer.I'm interested in the second part of your post though. If I'm reading it right, the 20-25% is in part because of the functions on making direct-to-consumer work and thus eating away at the rest of the margin. Correct? Which I totally agree with and understand.But a traditional wholesaler (designer/brand) is still doing a majority of that work anyway. You could say they need to be able to do...
Isn't their pitch something like this;If X company makes Y garment for $40 and sells to a retailer at $80, then the consumer would be paying $160 but if A company makes B garment for $40 and sells directly to the consumer for $80, that's a saving for the consumer.This is the main gist I get from their (and a host of others) platform.
I actually think the opposite, to be honest. Actually, I think you're starting to see more people (read: still insanely small) gravitating toward smaller brands, hand made items, vintage pieces, locally sourced, etc etc. But then again, I live in California. So there's a lot of hippies here.There will always be room for both though and there will always be those who want to rebel against the greater fashion system/food system/home goods, you name it and do things like they...
Completely agree on the price. The examples I used in my earlier post (Nick Fouquet and The Elder Statesman) both do custom pieces for clients but you definitely pay for it. But, I think this is where it comes back full circle on price in that, what is "expensive" really? I mean, $1,200 for a custom made hat is expensive I agree but when you compare that to an $800 hat from Saint Laurent, then it doesn't look so bad any more.The major issue with most vertical integration...