or Connect

Posts by winston86dit

Isn't their pitch something like this;If X company makes Y garment for $40 and sells to a retailer at $80, then the consumer would be paying $160 but if A company makes B garment for $40 and sells directly to the consumer for $80, that's a saving for the consumer.This is the main gist I get from their (and a host of others) platform.
I actually think the opposite, to be honest. Actually, I think you're starting to see more people (read: still insanely small) gravitating toward smaller brands, hand made items, vintage pieces, locally sourced, etc etc. But then again, I live in California. So there's a lot of hippies here.There will always be room for both though and there will always be those who want to rebel against the greater fashion system/food system/home goods, you name it and do things like they...
Completely agree on the price. The examples I used in my earlier post (Nick Fouquet and The Elder Statesman) both do custom pieces for clients but you definitely pay for it. But, I think this is where it comes back full circle on price in that, what is "expensive" really? I mean, $1,200 for a custom made hat is expensive I agree but when you compare that to an $800 hat from Saint Laurent, then it doesn't look so bad any more.The major issue with most vertical integration...
If one is to be completely vertical, the cost of running your own manufacturing is astronomical. The labor, machines, electricity, space, up keep, and then factor in health care, fare wages, vacation time, etc. for all employees. The list would be especially daunting for any new designer let alone some of the bigger brands out there who design and produce everything under the sun from shoes, bags, to stuffed animals. You could say that maybe over the long run, if a company...
Sorry if this has been asked before (I tried searching and came up short) but could one size down .5 or even 1 full size down on Carpe Diem back zip boots?
I agree as well. I'd be fine with a antique silver zipper or something of that nature. I'd actually prefer it to look a bit more rugged and therefore (imho), more Viberg.
I'm down for that. As long as it's somewhat dark and not natural it's all good.
Yea I would prefer smooth leather as well. Horse is good with me. I also would love that bison leather if possible. Also this might not be possible but I also would love for the interior lining to be black. I know Viberg doesn't typically do this but I think it would be a nice touch.
Did a quick and dirty mock up.
I'd also be down for an all black side zip boot. Black leather with black leather sole (or dainite would be cool too).