or Connect

Posts by winston86dit

But how is a celebrity wearing expensive clothing made for rock stars objectionable, or better yet, how does that make it un-cool? Wouldn't it be more apt to be bummed seeing a stock broker wearing Saint Laurent than, well, an actual fucking rock star? Someone like Beiber is living a more rock and roll lifestyle than anyone I know and the dude drops tens of thousands of dollars at Saint Laurent so shit, I would invite him too.You know what's really rock & roll though, not...
Yea, I don't get taking that stance at all. So you want to look rebellious wearing thousand dollar clothes modeled after vintage store finds and then you're now mad that celebs (the ones who can actually afford wearing loads of this stuff) are seen wearing it? Jesus Christ. No one living the life style Hedi portrays can actually afford this shit. In fact, I would say Lenny wearing SLP or Alexa Chung or Ronson are more true to the brand than a lot of other people I see...
Isn't this all relative though. No matter if your operating at 100 or 100m you still have to operate within the current constraints of the company, scaling, employees to keep up with demand, etc. The difference seems to be exactly what gdl mentioned. At a lower margin, it allows one to be more nimble and weather the storm more efficiently if there were to be one.Also, when is enough profit actually enough?This is I think the downfall of most retailers, is they are trying...
Agreed. I'm pretty much done with Spring items already and it's only Feb.
I agree with your first paragraph. Burberry and Tom Ford doing the production early is going to be based off numbers and while the occasional out-there piece will be thrown in, I believe it will be fewer and far between. But then again, a brand like Burberry is making a healthy majority of cash from leather goods and fragrance, so maybe no one will really notice.One other thing that will happen is that certain pieces will become quite exclusive and hard to find, especially...
Oops, somehow I made another post. Either way, I am wondering who will follow suit after Tom Ford and Burberry.
It's really refreshing that brands, both big and small, are looking at changing the current fashion landscape. I do see a handful of problems with what Burberry and Tom Ford are doing such as not having enough inventory because everything will be pre-produced before taking orders and having bland, more sale-able product to ensure sales but making the collection boring in the process. Ultimately I think what they are doing is interesting but it definitely seems as though...
I really have no dog in this fight and to be honest, I could care less what homie does, whether he stay at Saint Laurent or go back to photography. But I do however think all the guessing is getting a little out of hand. Like SA's are going to leave the minute Hedi leaves Saint Laurent (when most of them were there before he was) and so on. Also, Hedi is a very secretive guy who keeps most everything to himself or in a very tight knit group. I don't see why every SA at...
Either I am confused or you just listed a lot of non facts as facts. A rumor is not fact. Fact is is that he has been in talks about his contract as it is up. The house will neither confirm or deny anything as they have nothing to confirm or deny, yet.The move to LA is simple and designers have been doing this quite a lot in recent years, its about giving people an experience and LA being Hedi's home as well as Saint Laurent's adopted home, it makes even more sense. LV did...
Because the only thing that is common knowledge at this point is that there is a show, which is in LA, and it will show the FW16 collection. Oh and Hedi is still in place. Not authoritative, just the facts.