or Connect

Posts by Mr.P

Quote: Originally Posted by iroh So here it is: What do you think? I normally don't wear digital watches. Was hesitant to buy at first, now I think it looks OK. The United States military considers this watch to be "an indicator of al-Qaida training in the manufacture of improvised explosive devices (IEDs)" and with it the identifying feature of a potential terrorist. Good call.
[[SPOILER]] I like it, but I would have worn dark brown leather or suede shoes. That might be because I've been indoctrinated with the idea that one's shoes should be darker than one's trousers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaplan How do you like the Fuji X100? Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere... +1
[[SPOILER]] This is inspiring. Does that shirt colour have a name?
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow Meanwhile, when I surf the tie racks, I swear that I can hear you and Spoo looking over each shoulder saying, "Pass, pass, pass, pass, interesting but...pass. Pass, pass, Hello! THAT ONE! I really liked your tie choice as well. I think that when starting a tie collection it's best to begin with the most basic and simplest patterns (e.g. PG), which will always look good, and avoid the urge to buy something...
Quote: Originally Posted by TTO P.S. any feedback on the fit and balance of the coat would be helpful as I plan on another order with these tailors but feel this isn't quite there yet? I'm sorry if this has been said before, but I think the front balance is slightly short. In the first photo it looks like the jacket is pulling upwards (perhaps the result of a tight chest, as someone mentioned). Also, there are quite a few folds in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker You think there's not enough contrast? I thought the dusty pink was just enough for the grey nailhead. Here's a different shot in full daylight, still? It does look much better outdoors, and that is one of the more tasteful pink ties I have seen.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy The shirt and tie look a bit dull against the suit fabric. How about something with more contrast but not necessarily brighter? +1. A contrast collar shirt and white PS, perhaps? Or maybe I'm just saying that because your tie evokes:
I wear size small, and I had to have darts put on the shirts. Polo Ralph Lauren Custom Fit is a better fit for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday The open door is the best part, lending an exciting air of danger to the proceedings. It harks back to that old debate.