or Connect

Posts by Mr.P

Quote: Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix In light of seersucker appreciation day, I'll re-post here a combination that largely went unnoticed on the CBD thread when I wore it Monday:
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Best first post ever. That was Vox in disguise. Speaking of transience, does anyone have access to the photo of Vox in the Parisian restaurant?
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfador Another bathroom shot. I got a haircut as suggested What's really exceptional about this image is the subtle symbolism.
"Why My Mother Was Wrong: A Story of Career Progression"
Thanks. My strategy so far has worked well for vacation placements, but I have not put nearly as much time into those applications as you suggest. For my current one, I have been going through the firm's website with a fine comb. I've had the "show, don't tell" maxim drilled into me by a series of literature teachers in high school, but I'm a bit doubtful about using this approach in applications. Certainly it's better to demonstrate a skill than to describe it, but most...
I just finished my penultimate year of law school, and began the long and arduous process of applying for training contracts. I have two internships in the next two months, but the deadlines for applications are at the end of July, so I want to have them ready by the time I receive my exam results. I have a list of 8 firms I'm applying to. My question is this: if there is an online application that includes a space for a cover letter, would I include the standard...
Selling a pair of Purple Label round sunglasses. Very sad to let go of them, but I finally realised that they don't suit me as well as my other sunglasses do. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156
That looks exactly right. Thank you!
So I "inherited" (i.e. took) a pair of shoes from my father, which were made bespoke in London c. 1980. All that is legible on the inside is "London... Alan W... Made in England." The photos are taken with a laptop camera, but I'm afraid that more detailed photos wouldn't have yielded more information. The heel has clearly been replaced. The only thing that could potentially identify the cordwainer are two nails on the waist of the shoe. Does anyone have any idea...