or Connect

Posts by superego

gd, just when I thought I'd gotten my fill of schneider...more pics of that long coat? looks similar to a traditional top coat, any notable additional details?
he made a snarky, unhelpful post, and I called him on it--nothing defensive about it. seems like jompso understood what I was getting at, so it couldn't have been that poorly phrased.reread the original post wherein I ask for a 'low straight with some taper cut' and let's just put this to bed. feel free to continue arguing semantics if you get something out of it though.
double alpaca has elastic ribbed cuffs that looks like a different jacket entirely though--looks like moleskin or canvas of some kind
I realize that (RRL low straight is a straight cut), which is why I'm asking for a straight cut with some taper (like the straightness through the knee, but want a bit more taper)useless response is useless. iron heart has one here, but was looking for others
the light grey is considerably more substantial than either of the other two offerings (part of the reason I went charcoal v. light grey). think it was something like 800g v. the 580 for the charcoal
black and white thinking at it's best. it's a little simplistic to say any fit with red shoes is automatically shit--I mean, most end up looking ridiculous, but it isn't necessarily a gimme. I think a number of the fits DW posted looked decent (fit with all black, red shoes, with the red backpack strap looked well put together in particular)and lol at the not so subtle condescension. da fuq, man?
checked out that blk dnm leather on saturday. leather is nice and pretty substantial. details are a little much though--decidedly rock and roll. fit was pretty slim--XL was the largest size they had and was still too slim through the chest/shoulders (I wear a 44 jacket). tangentially, blk dnm down bomber was surprisingly nice in cut and materials--not worth it at retail, IMO, but prob pick it up if it ends up on sale
I like the knit a lot, trousers look fine, but it's like you just said 'fuck it' and put on the first thing you could grab with the shoes
the 316s were just an example...obviously could just find a pair of straight denim and get them altered, which might end up happening, but wanted to see if I could find a straight up 'low straight taper' first and avoid needing to mess with them
definitely not a loose top block with tapered leg (a la most of the acne stuff). 316 ST is a traditional slim rather than straight in the top block. SL looks good through the top block, but not as aggressive a taper as I'm looking forI'm prob just not describing precisely, but think the rrl low straight with some taper is the closest reference-- something w ~35"waist, 13" thigh, 9" knee, 8" leg opening. basically 'straight' through the knee, and then tapers to the hem. ...