or Connect

Posts by Fycus

My bad not too good with semantics . Visvim also does different types of construction methods for their virgils, but the takeaway here is that personally I think the stitchdown construction method makes the last look shapeless and boring especially with wear, whereas the handsewn goodyear tends to keep more of a sock-shape over the foot even with wear due to the material curling into the footbed/welt. Also the viberg boots have lasts that kinda hit on either side of the...
Cosmetically the virgils are less refined but i hate the stitchdown last on vibergs, and the overall details of the virgils are just superb. You may be less than thrilled with the QC of virgils, but over time as they wear and break-in I think you'll understand why people strongly recommend virgils over vibergs if given a choice between the two. Not to mention kangaroo leather is very light and strong, and they are about the same price as viberg right now with the exchange...
For what its worth, they also have a down coat in the same fabric iirc for only 30 more bucks (excl tax) which is probably more versatile. JPY is also pretty low with exchange rate so all in its not horrendous for Visvim. I think this is expensive because of the hardware (heavy duty military style riri) and the lining which is custom mohair/wool blend. It's not particularly soft, but when you combine these one-off fabrics, custom treatments (heavily washed high density...
Yup, went tts and think I made the right choice. Its very blousy but arms are short, just like a liner should be. Materials and cutting are superb, as per usual.
x-post from visvim thread vis x 2
FW pickups
laces, leather lining, welt size and last shape, and especially the sole. Look on taobao and type virgil crepe, then look for official images and you can see they differ slightly. Real: Layered crepe, hand painted leather, nice details: http://world.taobao.com/item/520307915459.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.KyP7OS#detail Fake: Single crepe, not painted leather, shitty last shape, no detailing: http://world.taobao.com/item/45657795165.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.KyP7OS
pretty sure those are the faked model (the crepe in particular had lots of them)
They'll stay online if they follow the same pattern as existing releases. Eventually they will disappear even if stock is not out and be re-allocated to brick and mortar.