or Connect

Posts by Fycus

They are both vibram soles made for visvim, called the morflex. They were discontinued due to ease of ability to replicate and fast wear. Visvim now does a 4+ piece sole with multiple pieces composing the foam portion then a sheet of diamond pattern rubber as the base of the sole. They also stitch the sole toe to the welt now so it doesn't split. Imo if you want to resole just throw on a Christy. If you send in to visvim for like 180 bones not including shipping you can...
I actually think those will look quite nice with a dark leather contrasting the outer shell. Basic but still nice enough to give off a friendly colorful vibe. I could see any color working pretty well...
its as easy as getting any boot resoled.
That is amazing, much like the stuff japanese brands like north face purple label, nanamica, sasquatchfabrix, etc have been putting out.
That video is such drivel. The guy is sewing poundmaker boots not virgils. They dressed him in a visvim shirt ($400 retail) and he's in a quiet space handmaking the boots. I can guarantee that is the polar opposite of the Chinese factories that these are made in, but they are trying to portray their goods in a specific light. Let it be known that while visvim is awesome their marketing puts the brand in a very specific light, don't let the technical terminology or imagery...
They have faked box and holos, just check taobao
Those plaintoe lows are one of the more common fakes, I would avoid at all costs: -plaintoe low -fbt mastermind or 73 7 hole mastermind -patrician perf with fabric laces (real ones come with leather laces) -suede virgils with striped fabric tag at tongue and vibram christy sole -serra boots -virgil crepe All the above models have been heavily faked, and if they are still for sale and in new condition are likely fake. use your resources to verify any purchases. I cannot...
I'm on the same page, sometimes its not worth obsessing over. Every style of boot will fit differently as well, some require adjusting sizing accordingly depending on foot shape.
I'm okay with being neurotic if it means spending $700-$1000 on boots and having them fit perfectly. That honestly isn't too much to ask and I'm sure many other people would agree that it pays to size correctly. If you want to wear a size up and have to buy insoles or any other garbage that's fine, but visvim 's shoes are made with cork footbeds so you're essentially doubling up on an insole if you add something. Not to mention the leather footbed will be covered by an...
I have wider feet and I still go down .5. I can wear comfortably without lacing the ankle, but lace the ankle anyways. Unless you guys actually feel your toes hit the front of the shoe you shuold be fine going .5 down, it definitely sounds like they were sized too big.