or Connect

Posts by Fycus

http://www.endclothing.com/blog/visvim-celebrates-15-years-with-the-visvim-archives-exhibition/ http://www.isetanguide.com/20160406/visvim/
TBH I dont own the fw thorson, a little too warm for california, so i cannot comment. From the other nylon pieces I own like the iris, its the same but treatment is different. Another difference between this model and the fw edition is the batting in this is cotton poly (i think) whereas the fall model is wool lined which makes it 3x heavier. This will not be released in the US, it was an isetan limited drop with sizes 0 and 1 for the archives demonstration and 1-3...
WTB cocktail shirts or pajama shirts sz large
Got the new visvim thorson jacket today, definitely has a repro fit but I enjoy it. The dyeing process is "dorozome" or mud dye. Jacket is object dyed in vegetable source like bark then soaked in mud that acts as a mordant to bond the dye to the jacket. Normally synthetics like nylons are super hard to dye so the jacket only takes on part of the color. The dorozome process also reacts with the nylon to matte the fabric a ton, giving it a look similar to vintage jackets....
visvim Phigvel Vendorthings    
Looks fantastic but sizing looks to run huge, I would be a small (?) according to measurement chart. That and the prices seem high for luxire goods considering they are usually price leaders for MTM-type stuff. Would love to see how it stacks up to Falcon but dont have money to gamble at this point in time.
I think the caption was taken a little out of context. Ruco had worn those for years before they went on a hike. The welt is handsewn to the upper but the sole is glued on 90% of models (sans things like poundmaker which have stitching through the sole) to allow easy replacement. This isn't unheard of for this type of boot, they are fashion boots afterall. Most of the modern hiking boots use a lot of machine stitching and synthetic materials which tend to perform better as...
Right? It would be cool if the hides were patina'd then they constructed the boot. I get it though, because everything from the welt, the hardware and the stitching is part of the distressing which gives it a really nice look. It is just unfortunate that we are paying a premium for shoes that are almost guaranteed to be flawed out of the box.
they don't cost twice as much unless you pay via us webstore. depending on leather, the other variable is that all of the ict virgils are soaked in iron rich mud for 30 days with other things (I think metals for rust / oxidation) which give a strong patina to the leather. In addition some of them are distressed so you may see pitting or surface wear. The patch is also indigo fabric, although it doesnt factor into the cost. The main driver is the distressing that is done to...
What makeup? All virgils fit me the same but certain materials lend to a more stiff fit ie my bison feel tighter than my kngr because they have 0 give