or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

@vmss My guess is that the edge trim is brown and just looks black-ish because of the lighting in the photo. I like dark brown for this shoe but am open to other ideas. Any preference, @ThunderMarch?
 Cool! Just need one more then. (So much easier to organize a Bonafe MTO.)
I posted about this in the Bonafe GMTO thread in the GMTO forum but thought I should expand beyond that. Is there any interest in doing a group order of this shoe? If I remember correctly, this was on the 946 last, Betis Castagna, 270° chained Norgevese stitching. I should have gotten a pair when SkoAB had them, but now is the time to make up for my error.  
I posted about this in the Bonafe GMTO thread in the GMTO forum but thought I should expand beyond that. Is there any interest in doing a group order of this shoe? If I remember correctly, this was on the 946 last, Betis Castagna, 270° chained Norgevese stitching. I should have gotten a pair when SkoAB had them, but now is the time to make up for my error.  
DTO was the name of a member. You can read about the origins of the term here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/178802/humble-apology/0_50.
 Mid-brown or dark brown horn. If you wanted something with less contrast, navy horn. Edit: I also like the navy MOP that I got with a recent NMWA/Formosa. I feel like the orphaned suit jacket issue has been addressed thoroughly but just to get what seems to be a contrary view included: between the details and cloth most suit jackets look too formal to be worn as odd jackets. I think that many people who have never heard of SF would recognize that even if they weren't...
Thanks man! I wondered who would be the first to call me out.  I think the cuffs need to tightened, but it's possible that I need to get the sleeves brought down a bit. 
Thanks, @Pliny! Inaugural voyage for the tie, a silk-linen Bigi from NMWA.

Yeah, it would be great to know if they did something that we can request when they finished those split toe boots.   And on the subject of museum calf, I have two pairs: one from Meermin, one from Carmina. I don't claim any expertise, but I find that both of them have a more wrinkly texture than calf--even before wearing. It's difficult to know what each of us is specifically talking about in terms of the texture, but in my experience at least, some amount of unevenness...