or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

I don't have a strong opinion, other than that you should probably get the length that you want and not care about how it affects others' perception of height. You have to enjoy it after all.   But this might be helpful for you. mafoofan is shorter than you. I think this coat looks great, but that an ankle-length coat wouldn't look bad...
 Good eye. It comes and goes depending on posture and arm position/elevation. I'm leaving it alone for a while to see if it works out. When it stops being fresco weather, if it hasn't gone away, I'll have a tailor work on it. Other than that, the fit and appearance seem equally good to me, with the differences being stylistic.
Just got my Memory coat. The hand of the wool/cashmere blend is fantastic; very spongy. Initial impression of sizing is that it was spot-on (thanks Greg and Kyle!)--no problem getting it over a sport coat. The hood makes me feel like a member of COBRA (in a good way). I don't love the hem because of the thickness difference between it and the lining, which is probably more visible on the camel than the navy. Really pleased overall. Now to see whether the weather cooperates...
 No, two different suits. Why do you think the one I wore yesterday looks and fits better?  
Oxblood OEII on the F last (43.25/43.5)  
 Thanks? I'd genuinely be interested to know what you're comparing it to and why you think this looks better. I've posted pics with this suit before. See below re details. Steed MTM using Dugdale sharkskin (DP3517--had to look it up). Looking good yourself today! Navy birdseye is such a great fabric.
^ Yeah, I like the analytical approach but I don't think it will often tell you how to nudge a fit from good to interesting. Interesting is about something else. Maybe an expression of personality. Maybe an unconventional influence. Different things for different people. Sometimes it might even be analysis ... But probably not often.
 I don't want to speak for Greg, but I have to believe that he'd work something out with you to try a couple of sizes as part of an MTO.