Posts by Mr. Six

Does this mean that the photo of regimental ties on the CM landing page will be replaced too? OMG
^ And the one in front.
I wonder if the perceptions about cream and oatmeal are partly another instance geographic difference. Here in the Bay Area, "normal" attire at work for men is some cotton pants, a shirt with a collar, and athletic shoes or some form of leather slip on. Jeans are even more common. Non-work attire is all denim and urbanized camping clothes. In that setting, pretty much everything on these forums is alien. Cream and oatmeal flannel aren't any more alien, except to people...
If the wallabees aren't blue and cream I don't want to hear about it.
 I'm assuming that the colors in the finished tie will be lighter than the yarn, but yes, I'm trying to get a warm brown that doesn't appear so rusty that it's more fall-winter. #40 might also work. I'd trust Gerald and the weaver to select the right yarn. 8-9mm is wider than the original but it's based on the stripes on a tie that I think has really good ratios.  It's a real winner for sure!
Here's my proposal: 30mm spacing between stripes. 8-9mm warm brown stripe. Maybe #49 or #50 of the yarn sample. 1mm warm cream stripe on either side of the larger stripe. Maybe #51 or #52 of the yarn samples.       And because I want to be like @jcmeyer when I grow up:     I love the texture of that silk. Wonderfully dry.
^ I took it as praise for the jacket. I just happened to be occupying it.
 Thanks! The tie has a wonderfully dry hand. And for some reason I remembered that I never responded to these ... Thanks for this. I agree completely that once I chose the shirt and tie combo a solid and sedate tie was necessary. I'd normally go with a quiet, solid shirt with this jacket but I wanted to try it with a striped shirt. I decided to go with one with strong stripes so that they would stand up to the strong pattern of the jacket. I think it worked out pretty...
H Lesser birdseye Formosa and Soyella blue striped shirt.  
Checks out.