or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

From the Drake's Appreciation Thread: 
I'm not a fan of the model generally, but the skill required is impressive, and Nick's work is beautiful.
The Drake's jackets are partially lined with the jacketing itself, from the shoulder to the middle in front. If I remember correctly, the fabric then curves so that it only partially lines the bottom half, toward the buttons. The lower half of the front is mostly unlined. They're complete unlined in back. I don't know if that description makes sense. The canvas is between the two layers of jacketing in the top half. There was no fusible in the bottom half that I could see...
 I asked a while ago (maybe a year) and Rezso said no. But their answers do change!
As a contrary view, I was going to suggest belt loops and braces buttons. If you're wearing a jacket and tie, I assume you're actually wearing your jacket. In that case, no one is going to see your belt loops. So you can wear braces and no belt when you want and a belt when you prefer it. I've done that with a number of suits and odd trousers.
Well there were a lot of other good options presented. Always hard to choose.I'd say the cloth could stand up to being trousers but they wouldn't be comfortable. Plus the pattern is really for jacketing IMO.
^ Well played.   
It was presented as an option for preorder/GMTO but never got enough votes. I got it done by Steed MTM and received it about a month ago. It makes up really nicely. I won't be surprised if there's now enough GMTO interest. 
Thanks. They're a bit dull but I don't go out of my way to get a high shine. The light is also washing them out a bit. A little polish couldn't hurt. Good eye!
Still in the grips of summer.