or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

^ I suspect that's probably AC. It varies a bit depending on the lighting. I think that the references on the Vass site to brown and dark brown are really both to dark brown. But it has been a while since I asked Rezso, so maybe I'm wrong. (Hope so!).   Thanks for reminding me that Sartoriale carries Vass. I went to look at the site and found what will probably be my next MTO. I thought that I had asked Rezso whether they could do this style and was told that they...
^ No. GG/EG Oak is between Vass Antic Cognac and Dark Brown. You can darken AC if you're inclined to do a little work yourself. I've asked Rezso about this a couple times. I wish they would add something similar to Oak and not museum.
 It's a lightweight silk twill from Patrizio Cappelli (3-fold, self-tipped, 9cm wide, for those interested). I'm sorry to report that it's been sold out for quite a while.
I have a 6-fold outlet tie that really was completely unlined. The knot wasn't big enough. Patrizio graciously agreed to add lining to it for me. Now it's great.
 Yeah, I find Moonbeam to have a springy, bounce-back nature. I wondered whether W Bill would try to do something in the same vein or go in a different direction even though the composition is similar. Sounds like the latter, but the texture in your photos is really nice. Thanks for posting them. The jacket looks great. Cifo? I wish the French tailoring thread didn't have so many dead photo links.
 I've wondered about Lamlana. Does it have a sponginess similar to Moonbeam?
I figured that would look good (forgot you'd posted that photo in Newc's thread). Chris's clients don't post enough pictures.
 Still sad I missed those. New stuff looks cool, Rob!
 TP definitely seems to have gotten the most detailed responses from Patrizio. But he has answered most of my questions, as long as I've been persistent, confirmed what I've wanted done, and asked him to send me a PayPal invoice.  I would be concerned about the fabric pulling on itself internally while knotting it. It seems like some interlining would alleviate that friction. But it's also likely that I'm making up a non-existent concern.