or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

[[SPOILER]]  Nice! I like my River II's a lot. Is that 6125 cognac? 
3-fold on top, 6-fold below. (Not quite the question asked, but perhaps helpful.)  [[SPOILER]]
Dude!
I have several Steed MTM suits and a sport coat. The quality is high, Edwin DeBoise takes your measurements personally, he evaluates fit and adjustment, and you get access to all of their fabric books. The prices are still significant but competitive with similar products, so I don't think it falls into the "too good to be true" category. I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer.   There's also nothing wrong with a good RTW suit that fits well and is...
If you're willing to consider MTM, Steed's half-canvassed suits would be an option within your price range.
^ Also interested to know about this.
I demand an additional sport coat from Formosa gratis to make up for this grave error.
@otterhound Well, here's a bit of a mystery. I'm pretty sure that there's a H&W tag inside the coat, but searching back through my email receipts and the NMWA thread, it appears that it's actually a Fox Flannel. 17-18 oz. Definitely herringbone, but a very subtle pattern that doesn't "band" or "track" at all. It just blends from a distance, which gives it the "char-blue" character that was used to describe it when the GMTO was put together. @gdl203 can probably confirm....
I@JAEBH I'd say the rise of the HY trousers is lower, the legs are a bit slimmer through the thighs, and they're more tapered below the knees. In other words slimmer all around. Definitely still dress trousers appropriate, just slimmer than Panta.
Mike, any chance of getting the Cramerton cloths added to the MTO options so that I can get it in the old Rivet cut? I really like that olive drab.