or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

^ I figured. I also feel the need to push this again. There have to be 7 other guys who want to see it get made. It came so close the first time around and would be amazeballs.  [[SPOILER]]
I don't know that I agree that POW is business-appropriate only for clothes salesmen. I think the small scale graph check falls toward the formal end of the shirt pattern spectrum. The problem in this case is that a check shirt with a POW suit results in too many squares regardless of scale. At least for this thread. It could be executed well but the chances of that happening and it fitting in the aesthetic of this thread seem small.   I did this recently with a small...
Only 4 votes for the Russell plaid makes me sad.   Here's the link to the survey. The one that unbel posted doesn't seem to be working.   https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WXXRLNY
Those are besom (or have the flaps tucked in), not patch. But you basically prove everyone's point: you couldn't tell the difference.   Flannel will wear out slightly faster than worsted, but since you're going to build out your suit wardrobe, the issue isn't relevant.
[[SPOILER]]  Well, now I'm just going to be pressing F5 all day. Re tie width: It's not the width at the widest point, it's the width where I usually tie a knot that keeps me away from 8 cm ties. I don't like the size of the knot that I get from Drake's ties in that width. 8.5 is on the border for me. But you've got plenty of great 8.5 and 9 cm ties, so I'm not complaining!
Patch pockets on a suit imply less formality than besom or flap pockets. You wear suits every day to work but--and this is inference so could be wrong--don't frequently meet with clients. Therefore, the slightly more casual element of patch pockets will have no effect on the appropriateness of the suit at all for your typical use. At most, they will be a signifier that you're a person who thinks about clothes, but it sounds like your co-workers already know that about you....

Uniformity of opinion, but the advice goes unheeded. Please change title to, "Noodles's Good Natured (and Frequently Ignored) Advice Thread."
Also, that grey flannel is only 11/12 oz. That is a three-season fabric in DC. I would have kopped but actually don't like the blazersuit, except in much more casual forms.
Wait, what? You have 50R Formosas that aren't on the site?