or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

Caccioppoli has a tropical bunch. I don't know any details. I found this photo a while ago when looking for pictures of their fabrics. This is for the Japanese market. I found it on the page for a tailoring shop on Rakuten.  
  The real conundrum will be what shoes you'll all wear. I vote Chucks. I'm not kidding.
 I would guess he's trying to achieve something like this.   I'd say get him to ditch the vests. Jeans, a buttondown, and a knit tie is a contemporary US combination that can look good in a GQ/RL way. It's also easy and not too expensive to put together. A vest doesn't add much, and the back usually looks weird (in photos people only show you the front). I've seen plenty of guys pull off that look with a vest. It can also be part of that GQ/RL look, but it also veers...
^ I remember them looking good as-is. You could get them tapered. But I like the lines of the jacket and pants.
Patch pockets? It's a chilly 62F and rainy here so I can think about outerwear again. Or at least pretend that I need another coat.
@justinkapur In addition to gunclubs, it seems to me that other large scale checks also work. I think your Steed MTM was from the Worsted Alsport book, which seems like a good one for fabrics with jeans. Glorious Twelfth, Delfino's Brughiera and Maremma, and W Bill Phoenix books seems like other potentially good books for a combination of texture, pattern, and color that you could do with jeans that would be year-roundish.
This one didn't make it to the webshop, and I don't know whether Patrizio has more of the fabric. 9 cm x 148 cm, self-tipped, lightly lined. In retrospect, medium lining might have been better--the knot stays tied but feels a bit wimpy. A reminder to ask Patrizio before buying.  
 Thanks! And details are as TweedyProf noted.
Speedy recovery, @upr_crust!