or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

Thanks for checking with them! Did they happen to say whether it was worsted or woolen?
@DeSense and @gdl203 Thanks for the help with sizing. The obvious answer is that I should have tried on the Leder coat when I was at NMWA HQ in September. But it was sooooo hot. Maybe an M will still be there in January.
Then I'd probably take a M? Not that I can really do anything with more outerwear, but that coat is so amazing.
What's the sizing guidance for the Leder great coat?
In order of preference below ...   The Delfino brown with blue triple pane is going to make up amazingly. The scale of the checks I suspect is going to be just right, and the color combo is going to be summery but still easy to dress up. I think it will be the kind of versatile jacket that dudes are always lusting for.   I actually might put the Delfino brown with blue shepherd check higher than the Delfino blue shepherd check, but if the Delfino brown with triple pane...
Cardigan doesn't look bad with the different buttoning, but pockets on them are always a crap shoot.Too bad, looks like a nice piece.
Murl, try buttoning the top button of the cardigan and unbuttoning one more at the bottom. The PF looks OK untucked other than the sleeves which surprisingly look a little long. Maybe size down on that, but probably not. Just accept that it's a relaxed piece.
 Probably. I'm in the East Bay, so I know it will probably be a bit warm for some of the year (especially if temps continue to be so unusually warm). It's still worth considering. My other votes would be the navy birdseye, grey sharkskin, and Lesser navy nailhead (if you don't mind patch pockets on a suit).
 I think it works best with dress casual, including with a sufficiently casual sport coat. I'm not sure it really works with a tie, though I keep considering it.  It's a bit heavy at 15/16 oz. but the P&B Universal navy herringbone is legitimately amazing. It's one of those fabrics about which I think it's fair to say that pictures don't do it justice (as nice as the photos are).
^ This one? I got it MTM. It's a pretty substantial fabric but also soft and the texture is fantastic. If you're looking for a lightweight chambray, this one probably isn't it.