or Connect

Posts by Mr. Six

@justinkapur Is that tie Rubinacci from ET? the orange dots in the diamonds don't look quite as saturated in Shaya's photos. Is your photo pretty true color-wise? Looks great. Good recent batches all around!
 Too bad it's too big. It would be right up your alley.
^ That's what I hear. I'm just a bit tired of the online sizing game at the moment.
Maybe. (I know that's not helpful!)  A new pair of suede chukkas is on my list, but I was planning to go with Vass, either in dark or mid-brown suede. I don't know my Soller size, so I've been hesitant to join any of the great Carmina chukka GMTO's.
Looks like it might be 6319 cognac. Good looking pair.
 Let's say you're a guy who's been on StyleForum for a while but you still don't have a navy hopsack sport coat, even though you've read approximately 1,356,987 times that you're supposed to. You keep thinking that maybe you should try it but it's boring or not your style. Still, you're curious. Or let's say you're a guy who has one but wants another in a different weight or shade of navy or with more casual buttons. You haven't seen the right one yet, but you're...
Merino Bros. Facebook page also has photos of a lot of books.
  Also, check out this version: http://www.scribd.com/doc/239974878/Practical-Thoughts. Practical Thoughts is one of the most useful things I've read on the forum, but so is the Good Taste threat, and Foo's input there and in other threads was very good. It seems to me that it was mostly the threads that he started that decreased in usefulness the longer they went on.
In addition to what's already been said about Meermin, the stitching is somewhat crude on the one pair I have (their LM line). I can't compare to Herring, but Carmina's workmanship is much better than Meermin's. Of course, the price is higher as a result.
 Also, to my eye, a madder tie with that pattern is too far on the casual end of the spectrum for a pinstripe suit. (I just mentally edit out the patch pockets from that suit when JK posts it .) Color combination is nice though.