or Connect

Posts by WiseMenOfGotham

I recently got 2 Brioni sportcoats back from my tailor. I'm a 42S and usually get the chest reduced and waist taken in significantly. For the price of Brioni, you are paying for the styling (fabric, fit, etc) and the handmade appeal in my opinion. I've gone MTM in the past and have mixed opinions of it when comparing it to my OTR purchases that I have tailored; however I love the freedom of picking my own fabric and styling options. A lot of people try to sell...
God willing, 5 weeks was what I was told for the turn around time. The trunk show in Dallas was at Daniel Taylor Clothiers near the Brooks Brothers downtown. Prices from what I remember: 400+ for pants, 1000+ for sport coats, 1300+ suiting. However, these prices reflect the most basic fabrics without any additions. For example, I had a sport coat made in a mid tier fabric with horn buttons and working cuffs and it came out to about $1600, but they took 20% off for the...
I recently had a Samuelsohn MTM experience in Dallas, TX during the trunk show. I must say I was very impressed with their fabrics, especially some of their "napoli" fabrics. Regarding the style, the Samuelsohn tailor will try on different models they have (I went with the Gable model for its soft shoulders), but they did have a model with roped shoulders. Just explain what "style" of jacket you're looking for and they should have something. In terms of details, I was...
Beautiful briefcase!
I recently had the same issue as you when I was looking for a slim wallet. Hermes didn't carry anything that worked for me, so the SA recommended to try LV (I was surprised). I purchased a slim card wallet from them and while it's not Hermes quality, it doesn't feel cheap at all. I do not care for all the branding so I purchased the Damier Graphite pattern. If I could do it again, I would have my current LV slim wallet style made in grain leather by April in Paris-...
SOLD! I have a NWT Brooks Brothers Country Club sweater for sale, size Medium. It is a bright green color, as shown in the pictures. Made in China, 70% silk with 30% cotton. The price includes paypal, shipped in the United States. Please ask any questions as all sales are final. Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1SL0W5kLc enjoy...
Merry Christmas SF! (December 26 - January 4) Men: - All Cotton Dress Shirts (Cotton, Non-iron, Classic, Choose your Collar, Pinpoint, Polo button-down Supima Oxford), Non-iron Dress Shirts, Sport Shirts (except Country Club)- 3 for $159 - Luxury All Cotton Dress Shirts, Country Club Sport Shirts- 2 for $159 - All Ties- 40% off - 1818 Suits, Suiting Separates, Blazers, Sport Coats- 30% off - Dress Trousers- 30% off - Casual Pants (cords, cotton)- 40% off - Non-iron...
December 13-14th: 20% off everything with a Brooks Card, not sure if the corporate discount will stack or not. Enjoy!
From a friend at Brooks: Day 1- Monday 12-5 Merchandise : Cashmere Sweaters for Men and Women 40% Off Day 2- Tuesday 12-6 Merchandise : Outerwear for fall Men and Women and Boys 40% Off Day 3- Wednesday 12-7 Merchandise: : Mens and Boys Accessories ( Belts, Leather Goods, Jewelry, Fragrance, Seasonal, Watches ) 40% Off Day 4- Thursday 12-8 Merchandise : Mens and Boys Sport Coats, Blazers ,Dress Trousers 40% Off Day 5 Friday 12-9 Merchandise : Womens Apparel &...