or Connect

Posts by WiseMenOfGotham

Found these in the classifieds from member Notch, I wonder if I can have them made in cordovan by Vass on the same U-last? Beautiful shoes in oxblood but unfortunately too small.
I really like Color 8 cordovan but find most Alden shoes to be very bulky. One idea that I'm considering is to buy the Mafanfoo longwing (Alden longwing on the Plaza last). I don't like Alden loafers because I find that the vamp is too short. In addition to the 6 pairs of shoes mentioned above and ignoring a replacement black casual shoe, what else should I be looking for? If you could include the names of various shoes to look into, that would be greatly appreciated. ...
These are my current work shoes: Top Row L-R: - John Lobb Vintage 2004 Black Calf 8000 Last - Carmina Punched Toe Brown Calf Simpson Last - Carmina Captoe Brown Suede Simpson Last Bottom Row L-R: - Korean Black Tassel Loafer - John Lobb Chapel Museum Brown Calf 8000 Last - Carmina Brown Suede Loafer Simpson Last I like to have a "formal" and "casual" shoe for each color, hence the current rotation. The Carmina Simpson last fits great, but I'm looking to have some...
I'm a US 9D, I wear a 8.5E in Gaziano & Girling lasts, 8E in Carmina's Simpson last. The Simpson last is very snug, but comfortable as long as your feet are a standard width.
Kent Wang Plaintoe Balmoral shoes in Black with Hanger Project laces after Saphir:
SOLD!!! Up for sale is a pair of Kent Wang Plaintoe Balmoral shoes in Black leather, size 43/9D US. I purchased the shoes just about a year ago and wore them 12 times. I recently did a complete Saphir treatment, including Renomat, 3 layers of cream polish, 1 layer of wax polish and 4 additional layers of wax polish on the toe for a mirror-like finish. Kent Wang's description: "Plaintoe balmoral design, the only black shoe you'll ever need. Even more formal than a...
Thanks for the compliments. I don't know if you would consider them special 8000 lasted, hollow I'm a bit of a Tom Ford guy as well:
John Lobb Dark Brown Museum Calf Chapel 8000 last Isaia Cashmere Sport Coat
Up for sale is a brand new Ralph Lauren Purple Label silk knit tie in a dark navy color. The original tags are still on the tie! Measurements are 2" x 57". A wardrobe staple tie, just a little skinny for my frame. The price includes paypal, shipped CONUS. Please add $10 for international delivery. Please ask any questions prior as all sales are final. Thank you.
I agree with you completely. I've noticed with my MTM experiences that there is a disconnect between my expectations and what the tailor has in mind based on what he hears. My issues with my own MTM has been with fit and lack of certain options such as lapel width or style. I wasn't "blown away" by my commissions and find myself reaching for my heavily tailored OTR garments more so than my MTM garments.With bespoke, the issue would be trying to make a tailor do...