or Connect

Posts by patrickBOOTH

Condition it, then slowly build up finish with cream polish and brushing.
They are beautiful, not doubt. But do they fit? How did they asses the functionality of them?
That's true, it does depend on where you are and what type of person you are. I just find people there to be boring people, real homebodies that don't do anything. I feel like theres no sense of community. I cannot for the life of me figure out how anybody single ever meets anybody unless it is at work.
I am from Jersey and I will say that the weirdest thing about people from Jersey is how much they love Jersey. I fucking hate it. It is kind of seen as bizarre to leave Jersey for whatever reason. I just feel like it is a culturally devoid place and every time I go back I just find it depressing.
Bingo!
I don't understand light brown shoes to begin with...
A lot of staining and ills do to spills and such are just due to something being absorbed that is higher in pH. Remember the guy who's spotted up tannish shoes posted here and I suggested vinegar? Boom, it worked.
Water itself isn't great because of the pH. Nothing else. Lexol and leather doctor products are water based but they have other ingredients that adjust the pH to be leather safe. When leather is made and it is complete the hide is in an acidic state. As it raises nuetral to alkaline the ionic bonds of the tannage and any potential ionic fatliquors will repel the protein fibers of the hide and cause it essentially start to become rawhide. Again water isn't going to...
I'm not saying it is good or bad, but I am just curious of the criteria. Who are these panels of judges? Are they shoemakers? What gives me them the right to judge others? I am just always skeptical of such distinctions. This is going to sound like a jerky thing to say, but I'd consider myself a coffee connoisseur and there are distinctions thrown around in the coffee world that are basically a bunch of nerds in a circle-jerk.
I think this is one area I will disagree with you on DW. Water isn't good for leather, it may not be immediately detrimental, but it definitely sets up the leather protein to slowly start breaking bonds with everything that makes it leather. I think, if you want to burnish leather you should do so with waxes and creams that don't have influence on the leather constituent pH. It maybe be a traditional way of doing things, but modern leather science says otherwise.