or Connect

Posts by CunningSmeagol

IB can be a good stepping stone to PE: 1 - you get to know a lot of PE firms on any given deal, especially the seller. In diligence with buyers, you also have a chance to present yourself well. Analysts get hired this way, but I've seen associates do it too. 2 - you get a lot of reps with valuation models, since you're doing DCF/LBO/Acc-Dil for every pitch. I don't think buyside has the same frequency. You also build projection models on live deals. 2a - knowing how...
What do you like about PE vs IB?
I can't remember. Did you say you want PE or IB post MBA?
Team - I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine from Boston. I bought Maftei shoes through him a few years ago and think they're great. Here is what he sent me to post: Viennese Shoemaker to Visit New York & Boston After their trunk show in New York City (Jan. 3, 2014, Hotel Intercontinental, East 48 St.), Maftei will visit Boston. Date: January 5, 2014, Hotel Sheraton Commander, 16 Garden St., Cambridge (Harvard Square). Times: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., but earlier...
The fat kid has a name and it is Herbie.
I've screwed a screw hook rated to 100lbs horizontally into a ceiling joist. The pulley is rated to 400lbs. The rope is under about 30 lbs of tension (hanging a plant, just watered). I'm worried about splitting the wood - I drilled a pilot hole and the screw is threaded in a bit more than an inch. Should I be concerned?
A lot of people will say it's stupid, but I found it totally fascinating.
Follow-up question: has anyone implemented any of the ideas described in the book in a process, manufacturing or otherwise? I would love to hear any success or failure stories.
It is awesome. I'm in the middle of it and totally absorbed.
Yep. Agreed. Why isn't your school making book recs and doing mock interviews?