or Connect

Posts by CunningSmeagol

I'm having trouble deciding if I'm looking at the suit at its best: a) Is the suit all the way on? Did you shake yourself out a bit to make sure it's all settled where it should be? b) Are your pants pulled up all the way? c) Is the camera angle correct? Looks a bit low to me.
Depends on the city, how old you are, and whether you have kids.
I don't think I've had a single day go by in this job that did not have a pressing client request.
Help me connect the dots - explain how investing in good people somehow ignores the crash.
The return on going from mid 500s to mid 600s has to be astronomical. I'd find some way to figure out how many more questions you'd need to get right/what incremental concepts you need to master and then decide if retaking is worth it. Also try Manhattan GMAT - really solid self study books.Finally, I don't know your whole situation, but 60 hrs a week leaves you with plenty of time to study. Unless you're caring for a sick relative or something, i wouldn't let this get in...
IB can be a good stepping stone to PE: 1 - you get to know a lot of PE firms on any given deal, especially the seller. In diligence with buyers, you also have a chance to present yourself well. Analysts get hired this way, but I've seen associates do it too. 2 - you get a lot of reps with valuation models, since you're doing DCF/LBO/Acc-Dil for every pitch. I don't think buyside has the same frequency. You also build projection models on live deals. 2a - knowing how...
What do you like about PE vs IB?
I can't remember. Did you say you want PE or IB post MBA?
Team - I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine from Boston. I bought Maftei shoes through him a few years ago and think they're great. Here is what he sent me to post: Viennese Shoemaker to Visit New York & Boston After their trunk show in New York City (Jan. 3, 2014, Hotel Intercontinental, East 48 St.), Maftei will visit Boston. Date: January 5, 2014, Hotel Sheraton Commander, 16 Garden St., Cambridge (Harvard Square). Times: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., but earlier...
The fat kid has a name and it is Herbie.