or Connect

Posts by CJG_NYC

Hey all -- I've searched and searched and its difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know there are tons of threads on wedding attire and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. I think my ask is a bit more straight forward: I'm wearing a custom black suit, white shirt, and tie TBD for my wedding in the fall. My plan was to wear my AE Park Avenue captoes, but I also thought of taking this as a good excuse to add another black shoe into my rotation. I...
Did a quick search on this but found more info about the Bayfields than the Daltons. Im about to pull the trigger on some Daltons but wanted some SF advice on the rubber sole options AE offers. Has anyone had them do the custom sole on a Dalton? If so, any pics? If not having AE do it, my other thought was to just wear them as is for a while and then when they are ready to being re-soled get them rubber soled then. Or, another option, is to just Topy them from day...
Agreed - if you do go theres a few good places in Georgetown on Wisconsin (I think one is Georgetown Optician) and in NYC I got my last pair of glasses from Robert Marc's SoHo shop -- I love them! Also, in SoHo on West Broadway there are a ton of other optical shops - including an Oliver Peoples.
Just because I said I'm excited to wear them in the summer doesnt mean I wont wear them now. It just exciting to have these shoes for hot summer days was my point.
Agreed -- those pictures do not do the shoes justice at all. They are super sleek (even compared to other bals on the 5 last). My camera (and camera skills) are terrible, so I look forward to seeing your pictures! I got two pairs of shoe trees for 35 bucks from the outlet while ordering the 2 for $200 so figured having trees in them cant hurt. I'm actually excited to wear them in the summer; the lightweight feel is going to be great!Thanks for following up -- I'll be...
Thanks! I really like them a lot more than I was expecting to and the brown color is really a nice addition to my current rotation of browns: chili randolphs, walnut strands, burnished brown fifth aves -- the strawfut brown is, like you said, a bit redder. I really am looking forward to wearing those this summer.Also - thanks for the input about the Saphir cream -- I'll give it a try. Did you just apply it to the mesh the same way you would the rest of the shoe (albeit...
...And here are the Strawfuts The "stain" is on the left shoe at the upper left corner where the leather meets the mesh. These pics were taken with a bright flash in a room with bright lighting -- thats about as noticeable as it gets...my eye goes to it, but overall I think its fine. I also noticed the stitching on the heel of the left foot is a on a bit of an angle, but I didnt notice this until taking pics and I definitely didnt feel it in anyway at all when wearing...
Okay as promised here are the pics. Here are the Snuff Player's -- you'll notice in the last pics the crumpling in the inside of the right shoe and how it makes them flare out a bit. But, keep in mind that with my foot in it that flare is much less noticeable than that (as you can see in the first few pics with the trees in)
So my Strawfuts and Players in Snuff arrived today! I'll get some pictures up in a few but heres a quick analysis: Both are 2nd quality and after seeing the horror stories on here lately I think I did okay. The Snuff Players (which, fit great btw! got the same size as I wear in my PAs) have a big of wrinkling on the inside of the right shoe. Specifically, the left side of the inside near the ankle area where the vamp is sewn into the sole theres some bunching. It...
Couldnt agree more -- for me personally it wasnt enough to return them, but I can see it being that way for others. There is a definite difference!