or Connect

Posts by Oleg

Plenty when I lived in Oz. A combination of ferocious sun and an increasingly baldy napper which necessitates a .0 crop meant that a sunburnt scalp was possible in the time it took to walk to the bus. Never when wearing a suit though (which I didn't have to do more than a few times a month as a rule) - couldn't do it without looking a complete tit for some reason. Back in rainy old Blighty, it's more often a question of keeping warm than for protection. My Panama's been...
I couldn't find a Clark's stockist in Oz when I was looking a couple of years ago. Ended up buying online from the UK (sorry - can't remember where from) . Don't think I paid as much as that but they're 60 quid plus here in Blighty so it's not as bad a mark up as some. Still come's in cheaper than buying them from Country Road, I'd imagine.
That's about midway down Leith Walk near Great Junction Street, isn't it? Would put you in Leith Walk Cafe?(Also from Edinburgh, also wearing Clark's desert boots).
They're expanding:http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2012/mar/11/1
Mid 80s? Surely that jacket's from the mid-70s.
I've not noticed anything in Embra, at least not in the centre or Stockbridge/West End. But if you're after advice rather than resoling, I'd have thought here would serve a purpose. If you're after resoling, probably best ask one of the local independent shops where they recommend (Walker Slater had a decent supply of Alfred Sargent shoes when I was back for Xmas and the staff are all well-shod. I'd guess they'd have a view on where the best place for resoling is. Maybe...
Tell me you can't cut loose and party in this. The wummin pyoor love a Scotsman an aw.
You've only got a week so important stuff first.Shopping: Starting at Piccadilly tube: Jermyn Street, then Fortnum's and Cording's on Piccadilly then into the Burlington Arcade, quick swatch at Savile Row then Bond Street. Oxford Street has Selfridge's at one and and Liberty's at the other and a lot of high street stuff in between. From Oxford Street it's only a short walk up to the small but excellent Trunk on Chiltern Street. Whilst there, duck around to Marylebone High...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbd3E6tK2U
Ah, but are you also sleazy? Maybe that would account for it. I tend to regard it as a sign of the impending apocalypse, but you certainly see otherwise well attired folk wearing black loafers (with tassels, even) with their suits these days so it's a surprise if your casually worn ones generated much comment. Maybe it was the cream stitching that did it? Unless you were wearing them with a linen suit, too much sun tan and slicked back hair whilst leering at every woman...