or Connect

Posts by Oleg

So long as you're not a real college professor. Otherwise tweed, elbow patches , etc just looks like you're dressing up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe I am Sydney for work and went for a stroll up oxford st on my way to Herringbone in Woollhara, I had multiple people from stores comment on my tan Grenson Derby's and the general consensus from everyone is that there aren't any places to get nice shoes. Yet shop after shop was full of pointy toed fashion shoes. I stopped in to see a friend who own a high end womens shoe store on Queen St (called Quincy,...
Quote: Originally Posted by insidertrader Thanks for all the advice guys. It really is appreciated. Wasn't aware of the english shirt makers before at all, neither plal and pediware. I finish up uni in the next few days so will begin my shopping in earnest then! Brilliant timing with the exchange rates as they are at the moment... Will keep you all updated on my purchases and get hopefully get some good feedback/critiques. Just as an aside, it...
Stowa Flieger Original?
No idea who's doing what as I'm not in London (or even the UK) anymore. But if I were looking to spend 100 quid on one and was visiting town, I'd work my way down Oxford Street. Starting at Oxford Circus, I'd hit the big H&M, Muji, Top Man and Urban Outfitters, then head down towards Bond Street tube, taking in River Island, the Gap flagship store and the Marks and Sparks flagship. There's a big Uniqlo in Regent Street which is surely also worth a butchers. Seems to cover...
Paul Smith. Also the Thos Pink store at Heathrow airport: last couple trips back home, I've bought a few pairs before the long, boring flight to Aus.
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR He's a maniac. Suits should be cleaned as little as possible and only when actually dirty. The cleaning fluid wreaks havoc with them. That's what I've always been told. Gentle cleaning with a damp cloth or sponge and a decent airing are surely preferable?
Academic (political science).
Can look alright but have to say I'm not generally keen. Bit too Bobby Ewing for most poms, I'd have thought.
A collared shirt for work, a crew neck t shirt for weekends. And if anyone doesn't approve of a t shirt under a John Smedley v neck they can, with the greatest of respect, kiss my batty.