or Connect

Posts by Oleg

Portugal were buggered. Spent so much energy in their decent first half that they looked out on their feet in extra time. Hard work chasing around without the ball for two hours. Spain made a mistake starting Negredo: touch like an electric shock. Worse than shyte. I really don't know what Llorente's done to upset Del Bosque so much.
Not sure why Spain are accused of being boring when everybody else lines up against them with a flat back ten. No doubt Portugal will try and do the same and hope their wide players can catch the Spanish on the break. When Rangers played Barca a few years ago we 'parked the bus' and astonishingly earned a 0-0 (they horsed us in the away league but such is life). We we're slated for using 'disgraceful' tactics by pundits and the media, in spite of having a team costing less...
Given Torres has, perhaps excepting a few glimmers since Easter, barely kicked his own arse for a couple of years, I think he gets away relatively lightly. Folk have been arguing for a starting place in the Chelsea team and then, when he's crap, say he needs a run, and then, when he still doesn't deliver, suggest selling Drogba to take the pressure off him. He's clearly lacked confidence but too often he's looked sluggish and his first touch has been like a landmine much...
bow ties (except for black tie): I admire Big Beard but would look a complete tit if I tried it myself. blazers with gold buttons: Too many Alan Partridge (or 1980s, BMW-driving Home Counties estate agent who drinks at the local golf club) associations. My problem, perhaps, but there you go. double breasted suits: I just haven't. Maybe one day. garish strides: not pseudo-waspish enough for nantuckets, not Italian (or colour blind) enough for bright green, etc. OCBDs...
Does he get the best of the players in his team? Are they better for playing alongside him? Clearly not which is why he'll never be as good as he thinks he is.On the heading, it wasn't so much he would muck up his hair so much as the ball would just stick to it. The reputed shortage of Sweet Georgia Brown is entirely attributable to his barnetry: one 'do' for getting up and having breakfast; one for pre-match press; one for travelling to the game; one for warm up, another...
Have always worn a watch - feel nude without one. But it really isn't that big a deal. How do you know the time if you don't though? Unless you're one of those fannies who won't leave their mobile phone alone for more than a minute and always puts it ostentatiously on the table in the pub, that is.
If the collective's view is that I can't wear my 1981 Cup Final replica Rangers shirt when I go to games (as modelled so fetchingly by the late and very great Davie Cooper in my avatar), the collective can, with the greatest of respect, kiss my bahookie.And for those posters who won't wear pink, it is a free country, but is this another of those 'separated by common language' things? I've never regarded pink as even vaguely controversial. My old man wore pink shirts and a...
Zlatan's was pretty spectacular. Almost made up for his performances in the other group games. If only they could train the fuckwittery out of players...
He is a prick and, in fine cockney-rhyming style, we now refer to people as 'Stephen Hunts'. But, it's the sort of snyde little dig that happens a million times in a game of fitba which barely merits a yellow card. I'm sure Hunt was mortified at the damage he did. But that's what can happen - doubt any of those oafs like Shawcross set out to snap opponents' legs in half but jumping in, go through from behind, leading with the elbow, etc can have that result and it's about...
There is a space between cheap mall clothing and teenagers/early twenty somethings dressing like Bertie Wooster every day of the year. Be in it.