or Connect

Posts by lsquare

I'll be going back to HK later this week and I would like to place another order with Jantzen. I've had a pretty good experience there last year and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and use their service. Now, I'm trying to figure out what other kind of colours/patterns that I would want. Right now, I have solid white, light blue, light pink, purple, black stripes, blue stripes, and micro blue checks. I'm thinking of getting pink and black checks if they have them. Any...
I'll be spending some time in NYC and Boston over the next couple of days. Besides Barneys, where can I find solid colour and possibly patterned skinny ties? I'm looking for decent quality ones and I don't want it too slim or too wide. I think 2 to 2.5 inches is ideal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi guys, I'm going to be in Seattle for the weekend. I'm looking for suggestions on where to go to get Ray-Ban sunglasses and other streetwear in the city. Any suggestions?
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I had the zero. Loved the look but never ended up using it. My son stores his Warhammer guys in it. It is too heavy and you get odd comments from people. Unless you plan to carry Coke or large quantities of cash I would suggest going with something else. Which one do you have? Is a 4lbs metal attache considered heavy?
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoood Well, I think the standards should be the same if the price is the same (and actually, there should be an online discount since no measurement/consultation is required, and I presume Ricky's time is more precious than that of the shirt makers). If the fit is not right, I would blame myself unless the shirt is clearly not made according to the measurements provided. For everything else, things like wrong collars,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoood lsquare, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with your post. That we should all learn Cantonese and move to HK so Jantzen can become 'reliable, at last'? Surely not. I have no doubt that if you come into the store, see the swatches, and can communicate your wishes, you get a satisfactory product. If for no other reason that if you don't, you return the shirt in person and have them remake it. But it...
Quote: Originally Posted by linsook I'm very satisfied with my shirts. Also they have your measurements on file now, why would you fly back just to order shirts, you can do that online from now on. Like I said in the other post, I don't go to HK just to get some shirts made. Yea, I can always order the phone, but it's not the same since I can't feel or see the fabrics. HK is a pretty interest place to go to. There are lots of things to do!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer I am going to Hong Kong (hopefully) in August. It will be interesting to see if Ricky recommends any changes from my "online" measurements. Excepting two shirts I have been happy with what Jantzen has sent me, although my standards are quite lower than most of the people here. PS I don't speak any Cantonese so I hope the communication barrier isn't an issue, but I guess I will find out. Like I said...
Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 I don't think the issue is fit. The issues are delays, lack of communication, missing shirts, wrong fabric.... I think I read here where some people were disappointed with their fit, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't think you can blame him for that. At the end of the day, I don't think internet orders make up the bulk of their business nor is it their main priority. If you ever visit their store, you'll see...
Quote: Originally Posted by em36 Just say no. I had the grey halliburton case for carrying a notebook. Very heavy, not so practical (no interior space), and these do attract unwanted attention, esp. if you travel abroad. The one that I was looking at weights 4lbs. It doesn't seem that heavy to me.