or Connect

Posts by saelan

Like Meis and VanHammersly, I got the olive chinos and I am extremely pleased with them. Great service from 4 Horsemen, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by itsjustadrian School is coming up and I need a new pair of boots. Should I go with LeatherSoul's Ultimate Indy's or W+H Service Boots? I think the Indy gives you way better value for your money.
I wear Vans authentics for beaters myself. A person looking to spend slightly more money (but still not much) might consider Superga, Spring Court, or Feiyue.
B7FF: I have some thin finns in 30 and also some NC's in 27. The NC's are tight as hell, but if that's what you want, then you'll be fine. The last pair I bought, though, I switched to two sizes down instead of three (APC 28 instead of 27) and I'm more comfortable. What I want to know is, where can I get some dark grey petit standards in size 28? They have the jeans at Tres Bien, but only in 30 and up. They aren't for sale at apc.fr, either. Any tips?
I found a really low price on these Frye Brando boots. I've been looking at Alden and Grenson and these aren't quite on the same level, but I could potentially cop these for $120. Anybody want to dissuade me?
Quote: Originally Posted by dmass1 I'm looking for a good pair of chukka boots for winter in either a brown leather or dark brown suede. I was looking into the cole haan chukka boots because my budget is around $100 and they seem to be the nicest I've seen around that price point. I like the looks of the air donovans and air desmonds as well as the wingtip pair (I forget what the model name is). Can anyone tell me how the quality of these boots are /...
jet has a good point, though those jeans are definitely not for everyone. over-designed or just heavily engineered?
the inseam does sound really short on those. does anybody have fit pics of the chinos? that would be useful. n/m just went a few pages back. all signs point to these being perfect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smahatma Looking for a blucher oxford with flexible/lightweight rubber/crepe/whatever sole that isn't chunky or clown-shoe round, and is at a reasonable price (pref. $200 or less). This seems to be the closest I can find to fit the bill, though I'm really iffy about this color. I'd prefer a darker brown leather or even brown suede. these are under $200? They look pretty flimsy, so I don't know about wearing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo I rather like this, though I'd prefer it as a cardigan instead of a pullover. Who makes/sells it?