or Connect

Posts by Incman

Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 Is that what she told you??? If she was/is manipulated, SHE IS STILL THERE AND BEING MANIPULATED! The issue is HER....not HIM!!! She has NO friends that she can crash with so that the ex knows that it is serious? NONE! No, that's what I inferred from the situation. There is no possible way we could have been more open and honest with each other in this relationship. And no, she doesn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 Restraining order does NOT prevent someone from duffing someone out. Especially when the "restrained" finds out they have one against them. Your GF needs to leave the apt! And honestly, she should have thought of that BEFORE getting involved with someone else. Not saying that is either of your fault..but I would have waited until she sorted out her "issues" b4 falling for her. She has issues(that you can see with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 You've taken a lot of shit (from me) and handled it well. I hope this whole thing works out, but try not to get too involved. Thanks I hope so too. I would never let a relationship get to the point where it negatively affects other things in my life (like school and my family and such), and I'm a pretty down to earth person most of the time, so hopefully things turn out for the best.
Quote: Originally Posted by ysc Shitty situation man, one I am glad I have never been in so my advice is probably not all that much use, but here it is. Don't get a kubotan or any silly shit like that, most likely it wouldn't help you much if he did attack you, and you could be in a pretty sticky legal situation if you use one and injure him. If mace is legal where you live I don't see why you shouldn't get that though. By all means take up a martial...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex I don't think anyone is looking down on you,I think people are speaking out of experience. Believe you me, you will forget this girl in no time and it will probably be in your best interest. Fair enough. I certainly am not trying to be disrespectful to the older and wiser members, but as I've said ad infinitum, at this point I wouldn't be able to break this off even if i did want to. And in terms of...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson At what age, exactly, is someone allowed to fall in love? Good question. I didn't choose for it to happen, and I can't just throw it away (not that I'd want to). I guess it's just human nature to look down on people younger than yourself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 You do not know in any way that you're going to be together for a long period of time. You're a 19 year old kid. She's a mentally fucked up 21 year old kid. She's not worth it. You need to focus on going to school (if you're already there, then take more or harder classes) and making something out of your life. Not fucking around with bullshit like this. Maybe I'll look back in 10 years and regret, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's So does the OP have his own place? Going to get a RO with a note? Doubtful. No, I don't. I'm living with family while I go to school. (P.s., not a trust-fund kid. Broke as hell, pay room/board, work 20ish hours a week, pay for my own schooling, no car, straight As and motivated/hardworking). And yeah, as mentioned I don't know how a RO works, just that I'll inquire about it. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by mharwitt alright, but leaving really isn't as hard as you're making it, and in this instance is a)probably worth it, and b) will solve the problem you began this thread for. two months is smitten, not love. incidentally i'm willing to bet that she won't file any restraining order and he won't come after you. looking forward to the 2012 "I can't believe I just spent the past two years of my life with this girl"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher I'm not sure about where you live, but temporary restraining orders are issued by the police (usually, at least) and aren't really that hard to get (again, usually). No lawyers are needed. Beyond that, I'm not sure. And of course, Ambulance Chaser is right: it's not a guarantee of protection. Still, if he violates it in any way, he can get into trouble, a restraining order is better than not having...