or Connect

Posts by Incman

Quote: Originally Posted by Alter Need an update on this! Things are going well. Nothing ended up happening with the ex (he never even mentioned the note again to her), so we pretty much concluded that he must have written it while drunk or very angry, or some combination of both. As for the living situation, my father and I helped her move out yesterday while her ex was at work, to avoid any unnecessary confrontation. She is now living...
+ fucking 1.
Quote: Originally Posted by prep333 chirp the numpty
Quote: Originally Posted by R-H You're right actually. It does sound pretty legit. I'd probably want to get engaged to her sooner rather than later. If you're engaged, you'll have a better chance of getting that restraining order. At least move in together right away. Sounds like a plan. I'm well aware that the situation is far from ideal, and that through the life-hardened eyes of the older and wiser members on here I probably...
Quote: Originally Posted by R-H Sorry, I don't doubt your sincerity or word but something doesn't add up. I don't think two people can date for 5 years and then continue to live together like this. People don't turn off their emotions like that. Enjoy getting laid and move on? As I mentioned here, Quote: It doesn't affect her because she hasn't felt anything romantically for him in over a year, so he is nothing more than a...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel To the OP: Lad, I am almost 50 years older than you. I have been through a lot of weird scenes with women in my time, probably more than most of the fellows here. One of my ex-wives blew herself up a couple months after our marriage ended, the second disappeared mysteriously shortly after our divorce became final, to give just a couple of examples. Heed the voice of wisdom and experience: If this young woman wants...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Do you only know people that were born the same year as you? It's a decently valid question, seeing as I just graduated high school in '09 and those people comprise the majority of my friends. Anyways, we have worked together at the same retail establishment for about the past year.
No, she didn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter +1. Incman sounds like a good guy that is trying to do the right thing and has his head on pretty straight. Hope the girl gets to a better place soon and they have a nice future together. Thanks for the good wishes . I'm doing the best I can, and I hope things turn out for the best.
Thank you sir. I'm aware that many of my posts in this thread have probably come across as arrogant and know-it-all, but that is not what I intended. I've been studying, and browsing SF when procrastination rears it head, so most of my posts were typed hastily and without much forethought. Anyways, after re-reading some of my posts I would like to say that I am not as arrogant as I, unfortunately, come across. I realize that this is not the ideal situation for...