or Connect

Posts by Binker

Quote: Originally Posted by Synthese I like Margiela because in my mind a lot of the good stuff is an embodiment of cinema du look. It's just cool , in a gun and a girl kind of way. MMM could have done the whole wardrobe from Diva. There's a lot of romance in some of the pieces. exactly. margiela is sly, smirking, dirty irreverence. thematically, its nothing as overt and easy to pin down as the designers/labels working within a more...
i know exactly what moo was talking about re ar. you just blather on and on about things that are utterly meaningless and totally uninteresting. try caring less.
the choice between owning and wearing one designer all the time, and owning many designers and making a daily choice between aesthetics is a false one. almost all of the brands discussed here fall under the very large umbrella of 'casual menswear' and can be easily and coherently mixed. and mixed in a personal, unique way. the only brands here with any currency at all which fall outside this are the gothninja designers and the drapey, futuristic kva stuff synth and snowman...
mellow that jacket is awful du
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one Binker, I think your test fit as pictured would work so much nicer with the jeans sagged an inch, and without the hightops, change to lowtops, so the jeans shift an inch closer to the ground visually. With a cropped jacket you need to have more midsection, so sagging plus a longer tee helps as well. yeah i see what you see, im a pretty top heavy guy to begin with but the sweater over the cropped jacket...
Quote: Originally Posted by hendrix haha! hilarious! its actually a pretty common descriptor, dries shirting is often tagged with it
cheers synth and jet. it took a bit of time and some experimentation (including a brief period with an RO high collar, which just wasnt me), but my tastes have firmed up and I have a pretty clear idea of the kind of style I want to cultivate.
i actually never owned a 50, synth, it was a 52 which measured pretty close to a standard 50 so I gave it a shot. not smart. i resold it though, so here are the measurements for the 52: p2p: 21.75 s2s: 19.25 length: 26 sleeve length from upper shoulder seam: 27 and a pic some scammer mined the photos from my auction and now that pic is the 4th result of a google image search for "margiela five zip." anyway, both of these are from the first half of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 only original 5 zips were good. speaking of, this just arrived: click for hasty fit pic: [[SPOILER]] sorry about the near profile angle, was trying to avoid awkward looking head on shot, went a bit too far and couldnt be bothered snapping another. this is the second early five zip ive owned, the first was a darkgreyish 52 and although it ran small it was still simply too big everywhere. the leather was nice, a very...
thanks, although the material on that particular bomber is actually nylon. theres something appealing to me about the mixture of a technical fabric with the soft, fur-like collar/lining