or Connect

Posts by mingus2112

I'm not sure who they're marked by, but I don't think they'd be have a "warranty" by Allen Edmonds. They'll stand by any new shoes you buy from them (New, seconds from the outlet, etc) but they won't warranty factory seconds sold on ebay by a third party (someone correct me if i'm wrong). If they're not an authorized seller of AE shoes, consider them "used" shoes.What Allen Edmonds WILL do is recraft them when the time comes - for a fee. They'll do that as long as...
While I agree that most of the posters in this thread have a low post count (myself included), I don't believe that they're shills for the company. I'm certainly not. In fact, i've tried not to respond to much of the posts in the thread because a) i'm not as experienced as some here in mensware and b) because I believe i'm biased towards this company. As I mentioned on the first page in this thread, I met Warren (one of the founders) before the site was launched when he...
Too bad they usually only have regular width or a COUPLE "wide" sizes at NR (at least where I am)! That said, if you happen across a 12B. . . . And at that price ($99??), i'd be open to an 11D. I'm wearing my 11D cliftons today. . .they're not bad at all with an insert! -James
Just ordered a pair of Walnut Strands seconds from the shoebank. $199 as suggested a page or three back. They didn't have my size, so they'll be getting it from another store. She implied that holiday shipping is crazy, so I won't likely see them until next week. When I inquired a week ago, they only had two in my size so I figured i'd sacrifice the $18 (if I ordered them between 3 and 6am on friday from the store mentioned on the last page I could have gotten them for...
Well that's pretty clear! No strands on that list, though. Who was it that posted that? Where did the info come from? -James
Me neither - and haven't gotten a response from the shoebank when i've inquired. (which isn't the norm) Do we know definitively if this is on firsts or seconds? If it's firsts through the regular store, i'll call my regular store in the city and have them hold a pair for me. If it's for seconds only, i want to get my order in before my size runs out!-J
I used to be heavy into this. We used to call her Walterwendy as her original name was Walter. Actually, my original Switched on Bach record SAYS Walter Carlos. A little bit of a tangent, but for anyone into Bach (not just Walterwendy), check out the video "The Joy of Bach." Super great video but crazy 70s fashion!That "Switched on Brandenburg" isn't available, is it? -J
Off topic, but those are some amazingly awesome pants!!-J
Well this changes everything. . .I like the idea of the combination. . .Is it on the same last?What implications does this have? I assume poron is some kind of synthetic - not sure what the advantages/disadvantages of one or the other are. What are the other differences between the two shoes?ALSO good to know. . .what's your local store? (you can PM me if you don't want to announce it here) I can call or call the shoebank with this info.I've found that, with the...
Looks like the Brooks Brothers version of the strand is on sale. . .but not the regular one. The main difference (I am told) is that the Brooks version has a rubber sole. I don't think i'm interested. . .seems like a weird combo!