or Connect

Posts by mingus2112

You know, I actually hadn't thought about the length until you asked that. That's a good thing, though, right? Length is pretty spot on. If I was judging the size by length alone I would say they run TTS. As far as the rest of the room in the toe box - it's roomy. Room on the sides and room on the top. In fact, the creasing you see on the right shoe will probably stay forever just because there is room over the toe.Another progress report since today was the first...
Just wanted to chime in about the Patriot fit - I really wanted a pair of these but had been afraid about the fit issues. (Also want to wait until they have my size available in the shoebank - which, since they're new, might take awhile!) They don't have my size in ANY stores near me (12B). I know I could order them and keep sending them back as I try them, but 1) as I said, I want to wait for seconds and 2) there's only so much I can get used to walking around the...
I'm in the Bergen county area, but head to NY for my tailor. I mostly use Matt at Imparali tailors. They're on 5th ave between 48th and 49th.
Sorry... Double post from my phone! James
Anywhere I can find a list of shoes by last? Had my buddy try on a bunch of shoes last night (including park Ave, kennilworth and la salle) and he's looking to narrow the playing field. The la Salle fit him the best with the park Ave a close second. The kennilworth was a complete fail - which was a shame because he liked the LOOK of them the best! He is around a 13d... And it's tough finding half sizes to fudge with the fit. James
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
To switch the subject for a minute, just wanted to weigh in about getting salt stains on my Malverns. (Dark brown. . .not the suede ones) I got them used SPECIFICALLY to have nice shoes to wear in shitty weather, so I wasn't concerned about wearing them out in the snow yesterday. I obviously wouldn't purposely WRECK them, but i wasn't nervous about it. I decided that, since i've been wearing nicer shoes, it'd be a shame to either a) ruin them in the winter up here or...
Thanks! Anyone else care to weigh in to seal the deal? LOL Honestly, if I had carpet in the house, i'd still be wearing them. I know hardwood floors won't really scuff them up, but I don't want to take the chance until i'm 100%. I also think i'm going to give them to my wife to give back to me for christmas! I'm not going to wear them during the winter (i have a gravel driveway that would destroy them in the salt and slush in the winter) ANYWAY, so it'll be the...
This is my thinking so far - on both counts. As for the fit, i'm just winging it. As I said before, I'm new to well fitting shoes. As for the stitching, I can live with that if it's considered acceptable for seconds. For me, $199 is a lot for shoes. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I just want to make sure I don't regret it later. -James
I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" when he's screaming "The new phonebook is here! The new phonebook is here!!" Well. . . My new Strands are here!!! My new Strands are here!!! Anyway, I want to get some fit and quality advice before I wear them off my carpet. First off, the fit. They feel snug - more snug than my other 12B AEs, but definitely not uncomfortable. I suspect they fit like they are supposed to - I'm just not used to well-fitting shoes yet! No pain,...